Director of Technology
- 5 Greenway Plaza, Suite 100, Houston, TX
The Director of Technology (DT), reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, is the executive in charge of leading Parker’s new product developments from concept and design through testing and commercialization. New products will be used in Oil Field Services. The DT is responsible for leading a technology development team in delivering new products, software and/or services to the market, using an emerging Technology Roadmap specific to Parker’s business needs and objectives.
Essential functions and qualifications
- Primary responsibility is to develop a 5 year emerging technology roadmap that will secure Parker’s competitive advantage in the short and long term futures.
- Leverage Parker’s operational experience by soliciting input from Field Operations and Business Development functions via a “technology forum” to develop new technologies.
- Use the technology roadmap to communicate a clear desired outcome which includes; goals, milestones, identification of gaps and barriers, priorities, timelines, resource requirements and budget commitments.
- Develop well construction related proprietary products resulting in strong revenue growth, on time and in budget. The DT will analyze and decide the best method to bring products to market on time and in budget.
- Provides technical leadership and direct an innovative technology development team that delivers high quality, cost effective, and state of the art products, software and/or, services.
- Participate as an active member in the development of business strategy, growth plans, and new technology development initiatives and priorities.
- Conduct technology research, prototype development, product testing, rationalization and standardization and field trialing of new technologies.
- Stay connected with the latest technologies, including; digitalization, automation and mechanization.
- Provides leadership, coaching, performance reviews, and other personnel management functions for technology development staff.
NECESSARY QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
15+ years of product innovation or industrial Oil and Gas experience, preferably OFS environment
10+ years of managing product design engineers such as in a technology development facility
10+ years of industry experience with surface equipment and/or downhole equipment in the wellbore construction business
10+ years of creating and managing Technology Development Roadmaps (TDR), taking a product design from development to commercialization.
Strategic problem solver with evidence of strong problem-solving skills including identifying problems, potential problems, and developing solutions; Must be able to analyze complex data, situations and develop a range of solutions.
Skilled in conflict resolution and influence at all levels of the organization.
Experience and presence communicating at all levels of the organization, including senior management
Technically perceptive and adept, particularly in the areas of mechanical and hydraulics systems, digitization and firmware.
Bachelor's degree required in a relevant engineering/science field (Electrical, Electronic Engineering); Master’s degree preferred.
Knowledge of industry codes/standards, permitting and safety requirements
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.