- 205 Marcon Drive, Lafayette, LA
This position independently operates multiple CNC milling or lathe machines to manufacture API products.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS include the following:
- Operating allocated machines in a safe manner.
- Machining of jobs as per drawing and routers.
- Offer the product for in process QC inspection.
- Maintain the machine, tools and work area.
- Usage of measuring instruments in accurate and safe manner.
- Assist maintenance team as and when required.
- Training of Co-Operator
- Operate overhead crane, forklift and other shop tools /equipment
- Adhere to Company Policies and Procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager.
POSITION SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- SSC with ITI or Diploma in mechanical background is preferred
- 4-7 years’ experience in mill machining is preferred
- Operating HAAS or Dooson mills and Mazak lathes preferred
- General understanding of machining required
- Basic knowledge of Engineering Drawing required
- Safe working practice
- Ability to operate both CNC Mills and Lathes
The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull and use repetitive wrist and hand movements. The employee may be required to push, pull and assisted lift objects of up to 50 pounds. Hearing, seeing ability to include depth perception, peripheral vision and rapid mental coordination. It is required to be mentally alert for entire regular shift.
This position will work in the 2M-Tek Lafayette, LA facility. This position will have exposure to elevated noise levels, heavy machinery, and continuous vibrations. Parker Drilling will supply adequate training, PPE, and equipment to meet the functions of the job. Normally, personnel work 7:30am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday, but these hours and days may be expanded, depending on the orders that have to be delivered. This position must be able to work overtime and weekends as required.
- Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
- Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
- Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
- Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
- Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
- Authorized to utilize Stop Work Authority.
- As needed, seek advice from QHSE representative.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.