Deck Supervisor (Offshore)
- 1110 Unifab Road, New Iberia, LA
The Deck Supervisor position is a rig crew member whose primary work station is on the drilling decks assisting pipe deck activities; however the duties and responsibilities are prominent in every aspect of drilling the well, manual handling of tubular and tools, making up or breaking out during making connections or tripping pipe. The position is responsible for assisting in the processes of rigging up/down, drilling, and completing the well. Also, assisting with maintaining circulating, rotating, hoisting and well control systems. The pipe deck supervisor collaborates with the Driller to plan pipe deck activities; once plans are formulated the pipe deck coordinator instructs and directs roustabout personnel accordingly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide visible leadership with a total ownership attitude. Owns safety standard.
- Enforce, clarify, and follow Company policies, standards, and procedures.
- Promote operational excellence through procedural discipline.
- Follow the client’s daily drilling/lift plans.
- Familiar with API RP 2D Operation and Maintenance
- Current Rigger Training Certification
- Responsible for morale and order within crew.
- Delegate work effectively with a clear definition of requirements and expectations.
- Comply with emergency response plan or station bills during emergencies and/or drills.
- Install and remove rigging during crane activities, including slings, shackles and spreader beams.
- Coordinates the Off load and loads supply boats of any equipment necessary for operations.
- Coordinates the Transfer materials and equipment as required, anywhere on the platform.
- Strap and measures tubular and tools.
- Clean and drift tubular and any tools required during the processes of drilling or completing the well.
- Prepare tubular tools, and equipment prior to transporting to the rig floor.
- Respond to any spill and assists with containment, proper disposal and clean up.
- Ability to work on drill floor as relief worker as required.
- Assist with the general maintenance of drilling equipment pertaining to the drilling of the well, including the circulating, rotating, hoisting and well control systems.
- Perform safe operation of the rig floor hydraulic winches and man rider winch.
- Inspection of snub lines, jerk lines, shackles and cable clamps to ensure they are always in good working condition.
- Inspect and check dies in slips, tongs (and elevators if applicable) to ensure they are always in good working condition.
- Inspect and check all rig floor safety belts to ensure they are always in good working condition.
- Assist in the assembly of well-control or pressure-control equipment on the wellhead.
- Assist in the performance of mud pump repairs and general pump maintenance, including disassemble, reassemble or oil change and filters.
- Assist in the material handling and mixing of mud materials and chemicals as required.
- Perform loading and unloading operations of tubulars and equipment from the catwalk, including attaching and removing of lifting equipment or elevators as required.
- Perform housekeeping and cleanliness around the rig floor working area.
- Assist with cleaning rig equipment and decks with a high-pressure steam cleaning unit.
- Perform scrubbing and cleaning of rig equipment and drilling packages as required with rig wash.
- Perform chipping and painting on drilling packages and equipment as required.
- Perform additional duties, responsibilities, and special projects as may be directed.
NECESSARY QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities expected for this position.
- Able to identify and understand functionality of various rig equipment.
- Able to identify and understand functionality of various tubular sizes and thread types.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in basic rigger’s role to ensure safe lifting operations are performed.
- Education, experience, and certifications: ◦High School diploma is required
- Must be able to obtain appropriate Offshore certifications
- Crane Operator Certification (Seatrax Crane with 180’ boom, offshore environment)
- Knuckle Boom Crane Operator
- Knowledgeable of mechanical systems and be skilled at working with hand and power tools.
- Knowledgeable of and capable of operating forklifts, as required.
- Can demonstrate knowledge of the following operations:
- Drilling and well operations
- Dropped objects prevention
- Line of fire, zone of exclusion and safe zone operations
- Pipe measurement, number, strapping and tallying of pipes
- Tripping and back reaming
- Running casing and completions
- Must have good verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate in English with staff, management, customers and vendors.
- Must possess sound reasoning skills, common sense and the ability to follow directions.
- Must possess basic mathematical skills (equivalent to a high school education)
- Responsible for identifying ways to safely mitigate our customer’s risks and manage costs.
- Responsible for identifying ways to improve our operational performance with innovation, reliability and efficiency.
- Provide visible leadership with a total ownership attitude.
- Ensures that operations have been planned and reviewed with the appropriate tools and approval.
- Responsible for identifying potential risks and hazards.
- Responsible for pro-actively implementing measures to mitigate and minimize risks and hazards.
- Responsible for capturing lessons learnt and implementing them on future activities.
- Responsible for ensuring and promoting Teamwork amongst the crew.
- Effective Communication
- Effectively communicate amongst crew and supervisors.
- Ensure communication is two-way by effective listening and seeking feedback.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.