- 5 Greenway Plaza, Suite 100, Houston, TX
This position is responsible for tracking, measuring, analyzing and reporting Quality, Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (QHSSE) performance of the global organization in accordance with the Parker Drilling Integrated Management System (IMS) and governing Quality and HSE regulations. Creates reports and performs analyses on a wide variety of QHSSE data, participates in research activities in support of selected projects, monitors trends and performance for worldwide operations and the overall organization as directed.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS include the following:
- Collects, sorts and maintains global QHSSE statistical data in an online QHSSE reporting program and KPI reporting system
- Administrator and day-to-day point of contact for the online QHSSE reporting program, internal Lessons Learned program, and QHSSE dashboard
- Researches, gathers, and develops internal data to analyze and report on Parker’s QHSSE statistical performance
- Interfaces with Parker Drilling Training Management System to assist with the analysis and reporting on Parker’s Technical Training performance
- Researches published QHSSE&T industry statistics for comparison and benchmarking purposes
- Develops and provides QHSSE statistical reports for monitoring, measuring and analyzing Quality, Health, Safety, Security and Environmental performance based on trend and analytical findings to department managers, leadership and business unit management at regular intervals, as required and as requested
- Prepares data metric reports and graphical displays for senior stakeholders
- Completes and maintains required external HSE regulatory, OSHA and IADC reports as required
- Ensures confidentiality of data prepared and reported in accordance with Company’s information classification standards
- Participates in senior-level QHSSE meetings to discuss and provide further analysis on findings
- Contributes to the development of processes, procedures, methodologies, and systems relevant to the work area, including improvements to streamline the QHSSE reporting process, key performance indicators, and the preparation of appropriate documentation of reports
- Coordinates with QHSSE field teams and IT team to improve the timeliness and quality of QHSSE data reporting
- Administrator for the HSE page of the corporate QHSSE&T SharePoint site
- Lead for coordinating the effort to publish the quarterly QHSSE Drill to Zero Newsletter.
- Trained TapRoot facilitator
- Provide QHSSE input for RFPs and Tenders
- Abide by Company policies and procedures
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
POSITION SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or similar from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years of Quality, Health, Safety, Security, and Environmental data analysis experience required. Energy industry is preferred.
- Must have experience and be proficiency at analyzing data metrics and providing guidance and direction to management on trend findings
- Proficiency and experience in researching published industry statistics for comparison and benchmarking purposes.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with Quality Management System standards (i.e. ISO:9001, API:Q1) and with Health, Safety and Environmental Management System standards (i.e. ISO:14001, OHSAS:18001)
- Experience working with a QHSSE data system, IndustrySafe experience preferred.
- Document control system experience in SharePoint preferred.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Must be proficient in the application of human based behavioral science approaches as they apply to upstream oil and gas
- Knowledge of ISO: 9001, ISO: 14001 and OHSAS: 18001/ISO: 45001.
- Advanced PC skills including spreadsheets, data base management and SharePoint management.
- Knowledge and understanding of data management systems and computer hardware/ software, including Microsoft Excel and Power BI.
- Knowledge and understanding in the field of data collecting, analysis, and statistics.
- Knowledge of regulatory recordkeeping requirements (e.g., definition of a recordable, restricted or lost-time case as used by regulatory agencies as exemplified by IADC, OSHA, HSE, and EPA).
- Considerable demonstrated analytical skills and proven problem-solving abilities.
- Good skills in oral and written communications.
- Attention to detail and thorough proofreading skills.
- The ability to work well with others.
- Exhibits honesty, discretion, sound judgment and good time management.
The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull and use repetitive wrist and hand movements. The employee may be required to lift and/or move objects of up to 25 pounds. Hearing, seeing ability to include depth perception, peripheral vision and rapid mental coordination. It is required to be mentally alert for entire regular shift.
This position will typically work in a climate controlled building in the corporate office of Parker Drilling.
- Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
- Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
- Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
- Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
- Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
- As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.