Electrician - Offshore
- 1110 Unifab Road, New Iberia, LA
This position is responsible for assessing and repairing or replacing electrical equipment.
Essential functions. Troubleshoot and repair or replace all electrical equipment, AC and DC to include, but not limited to:
- 600 volt AC and less Power and controls
- 750 volt DC and less Power and controls
- AC magnetic starters
- AC and DC generators
- SCR equipment
- Generator and DC motor controls
- Overhead cranes
- Machine shop equipment
- Yard equipment (forklifts, manlifts, cranes, etc.)
- Coordinate with Rig Manager on the repair and refurbishment of equipment on the Company’s drilling rigs.
- Install, test and maintain electrical wiring and equipment to include, but not limited to, motors, generators, air conditioning, alarm system and SCR unit.
- Routinely test circuit connections using proper electrical test equipment.
- Repair electrical equipment such as panel lighting, circuit breakers, junction boxes, voltage regulators and reverse current relays.
- Build and install electrical distribution panels for motor starting and operations.
- Install, calibrate and maintain alarm system and gas detection equipment.
- Maintain a preventative maintenance schedule for all electrical equipment.
- Ensure an adequate amount of tools and spare parts are available and, as needed, submit requisitions to Toolpusher Purchasing Manager for approval.
- Install special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Regularly maintain, lubricate and clean electrical partcomponents.
- Abide by Company policies and procedures.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
- Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
- Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
- Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
- Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
- As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.
Necessary Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill andor ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A High School diploma is required.
- Must possess all current certifications and licenses necessary to safely perform the functions of this job.
- Should have at least 3 years of specific work experience preferably in the drilling industry.
- Must have good verbal communication skills and able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors. Being multi-lingual is preferred.
- Must possess adequate PC skills to include all MS Office products.
- Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, carry, pushpull and use repetitive wrist and hand movements. The employee may be required to lift andor move objects of up to 50 pounds. Hearing, seeing ability of rapid mental coordination. It is required to be mentally alert for entire regular shift.
This position may work in various locations - both in the U.S. and internationally. Some locations may be subject to extreme temperatures, hostile environments, civil unrest, etc. Also, travel to and from work location may require extended layovers in unfamiliar locations. Potential for exposure to temperature changes, wetness, confined spaces, chemicals, grease and oil, working with ladderscaffolds, working with hands in water, and working alone. Parker Drilling will supply adequate training and equipment to meet the functions of the job.