Digital Marketing Manager
- Central London, London, United Kingdom
Pango uses big data to make teachers’ lives easier and unify distribution for the digital education content industry.
“Education content” in schools used to mean physical textbooks. Now it’s a digital collection of worksheets, videos, slides, quizzes etc. Pango is on a mission to be the only place teachers need to go for all their digital education content needs – just like Spotify is for your digital music needs. Like Spotify, we don’t make our own content, we are the technology that unifies the universe of third-party content providers from the biggest to the smallest. Our platform can ingest, organise and recommend education content from any publisher, in any format, for any curriculum.
Searching for and curating content is hugely time consuming for teachers. Pango helps teachers globally to save time and be more effective educators, improving outcomes for students as a result. Teacher efficacy is the greatest challenge facing education systems globally, and education is one of the last major industries to be disrupted by technology – we’re driven by putting both those things right. Our ultimate ambition is to shift the distribution of lesson quality towards the top end of the spectrum and systemically improve educational outcomes as a result. At the macro level, better teachers mean better education systems, which is transformational for any country.
We are a Seed stage startup that has raised over £1.5m in total – you will be part of a team of 6 people.
What we are looking for:
- You thrive in fast-paced and uncertain environments. You have the drive, ambition and self-motivation to get things done to a high standard.
- You’re highly analytical with very strong numerical skills. You are very comfortable working with large volumes of data in various formats.
- You’re a great communicator. You’re creative and have excellent writing skills. You’re very happy producing written copy as well as overseeing video/graphic production.
- You’ve got some experience and are looking to take a step up into a role with more responsibility for owning and driving outcomes – we’re looking for someone who could grow into our “Head of Growth”
What you will be doing:
Working with the CEO, you will create, develop and execute our growth model across the entire funnel, from Acquisition to Revenue.
- Develop and own all user acquisition channels:
- including paid, SEO, content, email etc.
- develop new acquisition channels
- manage a team of freelancers with specialisms in each discipline.
- Optimise the conversion of users through the product funnel:
- Draw insights from data analysis as well as qualitative feedback by speaking with users
- Suggest improvements and generate ideas for product features
- Track performance of new implementations.
- Take ownership for converting signups into long-term paying users.
- Work closely with the engineering and product management functions.
- Good all round marketing knowledge and experience, ideally at an early stage start-up.
- Experience owning KPIs, outputs and managing budgets accordingly.
- Excellent understanding of key growth & marketing concepts, KPIs and their drivers.
- Knowledge and experience with standard marketing products, platforms and tools (e.g. Ad managers, CRM, Analytics platforms etc.)
- Ability to work with and lead a team of freelancers to create/ manage content.
- Excellent writing skills. Ability to write great copy.
- Excellent analytical skills. Ability to track and analyse performance and KPIs.
- Bachelor’s degree.
What we offer:
- £28k-£38k salary range depending on experience.
- Pension scheme.
- Extensive mentoring and personal development from a team with deep experience in software and education.
- Annual personal development budget so we can help you help yourself learn.
- Very generous annual leave policy because we know downtime feeds creativity and productivity.
- Very flexible working and home-working arrangements.