Technical Sales Manager (Pre-Sales Systems Engineer), SD-WAN
- Department: Systems Engineering
- Is role eligible for Immigration Sponsorship?: Yes
*This position can and will be based in any continental United States location*
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Our vision is a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
FLEXWORK is an employee-centric reimagining of how we work. We built FLEXWORK based on employee feedback – it is about flexibility, trust, and choice whenever possible. It’s been a journey of disruption that has yielded the best of our values. We offer as much flexibility as possible, and choices that enable you to be most productive, including benefits that meet your needs and learning opportunities that you feel passionate about.
As a Technical Sales Manager (Pre-Sales Systems Engineer) for SD-WAN, you will work with your sales partner to establish strong relationships with customers, helping them in the detection and prevention of advanced cyber attacks and breaches, and advising on which applications to deploy from the Palo Alto Networks platform. Our TSM’s bring a deep technical understanding of cybersecurity products, integrations and critical cyber threats facing our customers’ environments. You will build trust with our customers and teams, and build environments where our customers feel (and are) secure. Based on learnings from your customer base, you will provide valuable feedback and input to our product management teams on new feature requests and product improvements.
We expect office-based employees to be in the office four days per week, with one day working from where they choose. We believe being together facilitates casual conversations and those magic moments where we can work on issues and ideas informally. These moments build capability and deepen trusted relationships and allow our people to feel safe in taking risks and being disruptive. Like so many companies, we are working through the details and things could change …. but in general if a role is deemed office-based we want our teams to be together four days per week.
- Establish yourself as a trusted advisor on Palo Alto Networks' SD-WAN products and capabilities, to prospects and customers, working with your Account Managers and the local partners within your territory
- Architect and propose validated solutions which address the identified SD-WAN and security problems in each individual environment
- Identify and document specific problems with prospective and current customers which can be solved through the deployment of integrated solutions
- Ensure ongoing customer happiness, support and adoption
- Pursue continuous self-improvement and learning to maintain technical leadership of applicable technologies (data center, SDN, public cloud, security, networking, etc.)
- Understand and effectively differentiate against our top competitors
- Act as the customer advocate for any issues that require technical assistance and follow-up with the customer through resolution
- 5+ years of relevant technical Pre-Sales Systems Engineering work experience within the networking field
- Highly advanced experience with SD-WAN architectures/providers, as well as BGP routing
- Additional technical capabilities to include a mix of the following:
- WAN technologies - MPLS, MetroE, Leased Lines, Broadband
- Tunneling protocols - SSL/TLS, IPSec, GRE, DMVPN
- IP Routing - BGP, OSPF, Static, Network Address Translation
- Virtualization technologies - ESX, KVM, Xen, Microsoft preferred
- Network security capabilities - IPS/IDS, Zone-Based Firewalls
- Agility to work within small creative teams as well as cross-functional teams
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally, with an ambitious attitude
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) preferred, or equivalent military experience
- Ability to travel up to 50%
SASE and SD-WAN technologies have taken center stage, and Palo Alto Networks has made significant investments in best-in-class capabilities to serve our customers’ needs and win against the competition. We’ve received validation from customers and analysts that our approach is visionary and compelling.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected].
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer at the posted level, the starting base salary (for non-sales roles) or base salary + commission target (for sales/com-missioned roles) is expected to be between $187,500/yr to $257,850/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.
Please note that we will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.