Systems Engineer (Presales) - Commercial, North India
- New Delhi, Delhi, India
- Department: Sales/Sales Operations
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
As a Systems Engineer, you will run and drive sales engagements into a set of large new enterprise accounts. You will play a key role in navigating complex accounts in order to generate and deliver winning proposals, contract bids, statements of work, and RFI/RFP responses. It is business-critical to meet and exceed sales quotas by building and implementing strategic account plans targeting enterprise-wide deployments of the Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Security Platform.
Your role is one of technical guidance – working with your account manager to build integrated solutions for our client’s environments. With your colleagues, you will displace competing technologies, and build market share within your targeted list of major accounts, and most importantly, help your client sleep at night as our product integrates to build secure digital transactions.
- Understand and effectively present our security platform and solutions
- Create and deliver compelling demonstrations of Palo Alto Networks products and solutions
- Educate customers and partners on the modern network security landscape
- Identify and qualify new opportunities and support technical pre-sales activities to opportunity closure
- Expand the Palo Alto Networks install base within existing accounts
- Enable and leverage channel partners and work successfully in a channel-driven sales model
- Create evaluation test plans with customers and lead the evaluation process to a successful conclusion
- Differentiate from industry technologies and solution
- Assist customers through the support escalation process
- Continuous self-improvement and learning to maintain current technical knowledge, participate in technical communities of interest
- Identify problems in customer environments; effectively engages customers at the technical field and technical management levels
- Effective in customer-facing engagement, and in writing, presentation, and creative problem-solving skills
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent education
- 6+ years of experience as a Systems Engineer or Systems Integrator
- Practical experience working with any solutions around Network Security, Remote Access Security, Email/Wed Security, Endpoint Security (XDR, EDR etc) & Cloud Security (Container Security, Cloud WAF, Cloud Compliance, Micro-segmentation, DevSecOps solutions, IAM in Cloud etc)
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and/or solving network infrastructure security appliances including, but not limited to Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches
- Proven experience with systems installation, configuration, and administration of routers/switches, UNIX Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Director LDAP experience desirable)
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP, L4 Load-balancing)
- Industry knowledge of security and network product and technology trends
- Knowledge of competitors solutions and selling strategies
- Understanding of modern datacenter and public cloud infrastructure and technology
- Familiarity with network forensics, incident response, and modern network threats and malware
- Highly skilled with automation and orchestration tools and technologies
- Palo Alto Networks certifications and other industry certifications is helpful
As part of our Systems Engineering team, you’ll support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineer team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected].
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.