Competitive Intelligence Engineer, Network Security
- Santa Clara, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Marketing
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
As Competitive Intelligence Engineer, you will play a key role in differentiating our next-generation firewall and cloud-delivered security subscriptions from our key competitors. You will be hands-on in competitive analysis, primary and secondary research and will also spend time engaging with internal and external stakeholders to understand and highlight our unique value proposition. Your content will be used by Sales, Systems Engineering and Partners to successfully position our products against the competition.
You must also be a self-starter, keen to learn and experiment with new technologies, be able to work independently and as a team player. Be passionate to drive revenue growth by assisting Sales, Partners and Systems Engineering teams in large and strategic deals. The job requires 10% travel.
- Create and demonstrate replicable proof of concepts that highlight key value propositions of our enterprise security products
- Research, analyze and keep up to date tab on competitive landscape, solution positioning and market strategies to deliver competitive business insights and thought leadership
- Create compelling competitive collaterals in the form of battle cards, technical briefs, webinars and blogs for Sales, Systems Engineering and Partners
- Perform hands-on testing of Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Firewall capabilities and compare with competitor’s product offerings
- Partner with Product Marketing, Product Management and Sales to strengthen our leadership in enterprise security
- Drive the success of customer engagements by assisting our field personnel with competitive differentiation both on a tactical and strategic level
- Minimum of 3 years hands-on experience with network security products
- 2+ years of a work experience in Sales, Systems Engineering, Professional Services or Consulting in a technical capacity
- Experience in building a successful competitive intelligence framework and maintaining a test lab for technical analysis- Competitive intelligence certifications such as CIP preferred
- Strong understanding of the cybersecurity industry and current threat landscape especially in network security
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BS or equivalent experience required
Our marketing team has an opportunity like no other industry: high impact work and the chance to change the future of digital security. This team builds materials for our partners, our sales teams, and our industry. Being in marketing at Palo Alto Networks means that you will be in the midst of the changes impacting our industry, and helping our internal teams, customers, and partners address the ever-changing threats we all face on a day-to-day basis.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Disclosure required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum compensation (includes on-target earnings = base + on target incentives for sales roles) for this role to be located in the state of Colorado. If hired in Colorado, this position starts at $115,800/yr. Depending on the position offered, restricted stock units and incentive or bonus pay may be provided as part of this compensation package. Additional benefits may be found here.