Staff SQA Engineer (SASE)
- Bangalore, India
- Department: Engineering
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
Palo Alto Networks SASE (Secure Access Service Edge) group is looking for a seasoned and accomplished QA/Automation engineer with experience in validating core networking & security features in the SD WAN team. You will be part of a world-class software engineering team that works on various ground-breaking technologies in the SD WAN area. You will work with a multi- functional team of engineers solving interesting problems in the SDWAN area.
- Work in a small and fast paced team to solve important customer problems and deliver most impactful results
- Contribute in all phases of end to end product and solution validation
- Work with different development and quality assurances groups to achieve the best quality
- Suggest and implement improvements to the QA process
- Work with DevOps and the Technical Support teams to troubleshoot customer issues
- Lead, mentor and coach team members
- 2-8 years of relevant experience, with a BS or MS degree
- Strong experience with Cloud services like AWS and GCP
- Strong experience with Automation/Programming using Python
- Strong experience with micro services such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in system/scale testing simulating large enterprise networks is a plus
- Good understanding of control plane and data plane architecture in networking devices
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies such as VMware ESXi, qemu/kvm, Microsoft Hyper-V
- Good knowledge on standard TCP/IP protocols such as ARP, IP, ICMP, TCP, UDP & IPSec VPNs
- Good knowledge of routing protocols such as BGP,OSPF,EIGRP etc.
- Good knowledge and experience in protocols like multicast, IPv6, DNS, NAT & DHCP
- Be able to build and maintain complex Cloud/networking testbeds
- Excellent problem-solving, debugging/troubleshooting skills
- Excellent QA skills employing test frameworks, commercial test sets, home grown tools, automated testing
Our engineering team is at the core of SD WAN products – connected directly to the mission of providing world class SASE solutions. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about SD WAN. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]