Senior IT Product Manager - Sales Transformation (CPQ Expert)
- Santa Clara, CA
- Department: Information Technology
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are looking for a rock star to work on one of the larger and more complex CPQ implementations with lots of opportunities to learn new aspects of Salesforce, gain valuable experience, and make a huge impact in a fast-growing company.
You will apply an open communication and collaborative style and lead by example, being both customer-centric and service-minded, able to interact with end-users, executives, analysts, and technical colleagues – creating consensus and clear strategy where appropriate.
- Help drive our Sales digital transformation Product roadmap in the quoting (CPQ) and subscription billing space
- Structure and execute operational and strategic initiatives by developing work plans
- Use data to discover opportunities, track product performance and support decision-making
- Design user journeys and processes with business stakeholders across our Sales organization
- Develop user stories working closely with UX designers, product owners, engineers, leadership, and customers to bring great ideas to life
- Measure success, measure everything: A feature's release does not indicate success- define what success means for each feature and each function before it even goes to development- develop ways to constantly define and monitor success
- Collaborate across teams- we win or lose as a team- play a critical role in creating alignment across the cross-functional Leadership team
- Communicate clearly and efficiently- coordinate product release communications and drive transformational change for the Sales workforce
- Possess an acute sense of urgency and is able to resolve project issues and roadblocks throughout the product development lifecycle
- Prepare technical implementation and testing in close collaboration with Sales Operations partner in an agile setup
- Enjoy working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, by creating products that will make a profound impact on the user
- Overall 7+ years of experience in building Sales Productivity products capabilities as Product Manager supporting for SaaS/ High tech product company
- Strong 5+ years of experience working in Salesforce.com, CPQ ( Must possess SteelBrick) and Subscription billing platforms
- Experience working in 2 tier channel sales model and direct sale required - Marketplace sales experience is preferred
- Highly data-driven with a commitment to drive business outcome and value realization
- Experience in Scrum related activities, including sprints and client demos
- Knowledge of leading multiple projects, workstreams, and Kanban boards in Jira
- Experience in Agile principles: Focus on the business need, Deliver on time, Never compromise quality, Build incrementally from firm foundations, Develop iteratively, Communicate continuously and clearly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to chair change management sessions
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected].
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Disclosure required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum compensation (includes on-target earnings = base + on target incentives for sales roles) for this role to be located in the state of Colorado. If hired in Colorado, this position starts at $126,500/yr. Depending on the position offered, restricted stock units and incentive or bonus pay may be provided as part of this compensation package. Additional benefits may be found here.