Accountant - GL
- Bangalore, India
- Department: Accounting & Finance
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We’re changing the nature of work. Palo Alto Networks is evolving to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
Palo Alto Networks is looking for a Senior Accountant to help drive financial accounting quality and efficiencies under robust internal controls through the Company’s continued high pace growth. This person will be responsible for several accounting processes working with cross-functional teams to support projects and implement process improvements in a fast-paced environment.
- Monthly financial close process for the assigned entities ensuring all costs are accurately recorded
- Prepare workings & journal entries for accruals, prepaids, amortization, reclass etc.
- Coordinate with third party accounting providers for book reconciliation & journals
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations for various accounts, ensuring accuracy and adherence to GAAP, Company policy, and SOX controls
- Prepare entries for lease accounting, ASC 842, lease classification etc.
- Prepare account analysis, and management reporting package
- Assist in the preparation of flux analysis for management presentations
- Support corporate accounting team in preparing audit schedules for internal and external audits
- Collaborate with external auditors for the area of work assigned
- Ensure compliance with internal control policies and statutory requirements
- CA or CPA qualified with Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Minimum 5 years of experience in GL/RTR in a large US MNC
- Sound knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls, and financial reporting
- Experience with SAP or large ERP systems a plus
- Experience with account reconciliations tools like Blackline a plus
- Proficient with Excel and PowerPoint
- Detail-oriented and efficient in processing transactions
- Ability to multitask, stay organized and prioritize deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Promotes teamwork and works well with others
- Energetic and positive attitude
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace and provide equal consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.