Senior QA Engineer (Prisma Cloud Compute)
- Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
- Department: Engineering
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are looking for a top-notch Sr SQA engineer to drive our test efforts across the company. As our SQA engineer you will be in charge of, first and foremost, product quality, planning and monitoring of test efforts, and working closely with a development team to address issues that were discovered. The job is deeply hands-on and requires a deep understanding of the product, the environments it runs within, and the ability to automate tasks when needed.
- Work closely with our engineering teams to understand business requirements
- Create detailed and well-structured test plans based on requirements and features crew meetings
- Use your knowledge to perform thorough regression testing
- Identifying, reporting, documenting, and tracking defect/bug issues
- Investigate, analyze and find the root causes for failed systems and software
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong focus on customer satisfaction
- B.Sc. in computer science or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience
- Ability to learn new technologies super fast
- A strong passion for product quality and continuous willingness to improve the product
- Knowledge and experience in scripting languages like Bash, Python, Java and etc- Advantage
- Experience with testing applications running on cloud infrastructures like GCP/AWS/Azure - Advantage
- Experience with cloud-native technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, etc - Advantage
- Experience with UI/Web manual testing - Advantage
Our team is in charge of deep cloud security within PANW. We have three principles we believe in:
- Quality - no code enters our codebase without a unittest and no feature is added without an integration test - All tests run (and must pass) on every pull request - No code enters the codebase without a code review
- Simplicity - we create a design for every significant feature and we make sure the solution is simple and clear - If it is not, we invest more work to make it simple
- We don’t have code that we are afraid to refactor - any code can be refactored if needed. Once identified we change, test, and ship
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
For more information about our product, you can find here.