Sr Staff Backend Engineer (Prisma SaaS and DLP)
- Gurgaon, Uttar Pradesh 209312, India
- Department: Engineering
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
The Prisma SaaS and data leak prevention (DLP) security team at Palo Alto Networks is looking for a seasoned and accomplished leader to design, develop and deliver the next generation technology product within our Prisma SaaS and DLP taem. Our DLP service is the industry's first cloud delivered Enterprise DLP solution that uses AI and Machine Learning to automatically, discover, classify, and protect sensitive data across everyday SaaS applications. This fast-growing cloud service provides visibility and real time security for SaaS applications such as Box, Dropbox, GitHub, Google Apps, Slack, Salesforce and many more.
This team is a critical group within the Prisma SaaS and DLP team that has just started scratching the surface of the huge SaaS security market. We have the unique opportunity to have a huge impact on the overall SaaS security initiatives within Palo Alto Networks, and scale the product to new heights while working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
We are running docker based microservice architecture on Kubernetes, leveraging Kafka, RabbitMQ and continuously using state-of-the-art technologies while leveraging deep AI and ML to identify, and automatically remediate instances before they turn into a major security or privacy breach and to attack the world of SaaS security.
We are looking for someone who is an experienced and seasoned leader, has experience leading and owning complex technical architecture both from the product engineering perspective, as well as the infrastructure and DevOps perspective. We want passionate leaders who love to code and build great products. We are looking for leaders who take ownership of their areas of focus, and who are driven to solve problems at every level. If you have the passion to solve challenging engineering problems, while working with huge scale in a dynamic fast paced environment, if you are interested in pushing your boundaries as an engineer leader, and working at the cusp of Data Security, and state of the art technology within a quality focussed dynamic engineering culture, talk to us!
- Design, Develop and Implement highly scalable software applications within Prisma SaaS and DLP Team
- Own the overall architecture quality and vision
- Work with different development and quality assurance groups to achieve the best quality
- Work with DevOps and technical support teams to troubleshoot and fix customer reported issues
- Mentor and Coach team members
- Push engineering boundaries, coming up with high quality, simple solutions to complex engineering and product problems
- Maintain and cultivate high quality in terms of engineering practices, code quality, and work/foster a culture of engineering excellence, and dynamic execution
- Strong ownership mindset while owing the execution of complex engineering challenges including their architecture, their timelines, while collaborating with stakeholders including UI/UX designers, product owners
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or a related field from Tier 1 colleges
- Strong leadership skills with a can-do attitude
- Extensive hands-on programming skills in Python or Java
- Experiencing building highly available, scalable, and performant systems
- Practical knowledge of concepts like multithreading and concurrency
- Strong grasp on microservices and designing complex products via distributed systems
- Strong grasp on data structures and algorithms
- System design and object orientation skills with ability to craft clean interfaces and operate at the right levels of abstraction
- Experience with DevOps (Kubernetes, Docker, Microservices)
- Experience in AWS/GCP/Azure cloud
- Experience with queuing systems like Kafka, SQL, or RabbitMQ
- Experience in mentoring and guiding junior team members in a high performing teams
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about creating products to solve problems no one has tackled before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
Our engineering team is provided with an unrivaled opportunity to build the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.