Principal or Senior Software Engineer (Prisma Access)
- Santa Clara, CA, USA
- Department: Engineering
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We’re changing the nature of work. Palo Alto Networks is evolving to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
Prisma Access™ (formally GlobalProtect Cloud Service) provides protection straight from the cloud to make access to the cloud secure. It combines the connectivity and security you need and delivers it everywhere you need it. Using cutting-edge public and private cloud technologies extending the next-generation security protection to all cloud services, customers on-premise remote networks and mobile users.
We are seeking an experienced Software Engineer to design, develop and deliver next-generation technologies within our Prisma Access team. We want passionate engineers who love to code and build great products. Engineers who bring new ideas in all facets of software development. We are looking for leaders who take ownership of their areas of focus and who are driven to solve problems at every level. Collaboration and teamwork are at the foundation of our culture and we need engineers who can communicate at a high level and work well with others towards achieving a common goal.
- Design, develop and implement highly scalable software features and infrastructure on our next-generation security platform ready for cloud native deployment from inception to completion.
- Work with different development and quality assurance groups to achieve the best quality. You accomplish this by being hands-on, creating tools, processes, and systems that produce transparency, alignment, and direction.
- Profile, optimize and tune systems software (management/control/dataplane) for efficient cloud operation
- Work with DevOps and the Technical Support teams to troubleshoot customer issues
- Work with other software development team to apply PanOS features on Prisma Access
- Interview, mentor and coach new team members
- You will work with multidisciplinary teams to help bring Prisma Access designs to life. You are experienced with using full stack software to craft products, aligning user needs and business objectives. You understand web, device-native, databases, scalability, analytics/metrics, and agile dev processes.
- An understanding of current architectures (from SaaS to serverless) and cross-platform development
- Strong leadership skills with a can-do attitude and ability to make trade-off judgements with data driven decision making
- High energy and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoys working with many different teams with strong collaboration and communications skills
- Extensive hands-on programming skills in Python, Go and C/C++
- Experience or knowledge in the following are nice to have:
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes or other container orchestration and traffic steering platforms
- Good understanding of public cloud design considerations and limitations in areas of microservice architectures, security, global network infrastructure, distributed systems, and load balancing.
- Technology strengths in Firewall, IPSec, SSL, IdP, TLS, DNS, CASB, SDN
- Strong understanding of principles of DevOps and Continuous Delivery
- Solid foundation in design, data structures and algorithms, and strong analytical and debugging skills
- M.S./B.S. degree in Math or Computer Science
Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.