Technical Account Manager
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Department: Global Customer Support
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We’re changing the nature of work. Palo Alto Networks is evolving to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
The Technical Account Manager (TAM) manages our Customers’ services experience to ensure Palo Alto Networks is exceeding customer expectations. As a partner to the Account Team, the TAM understands the account strategy and the customer’s security and business priorities in order to provide guidance, to share operational best practices and to mitigate risk.
- Serve as the Palo Alto Networks central point of contact for services
- delivery to ensure the customer has an integrated service delivery experience
- Develop a deep understanding of our customer’s business challenges and their technical environment to provide technical information, guidance, and support
- Advise the customer on their team’s development, their platform adoption and their deployment of best practices using tools such as the Best Practice Assessment and Threat Assessment
- Become a trusted advisor on how to best leverage their investment including when to consider expanding their platform, how to adopt new features, when to upgrade software and/or hardware and when to engage additional Palo Alto Networks services
- Identify service opportunities for the account team
- Proactively monitor complex issues working closely with Customer Support and Engineering to resolve customer technical issues
- Manage complex customer situations, coordinating the actions of the Account Team, Services Teams, Partners Resources, and Engineering ensuring the customer and internal stakeholders have the information required to make decisions and to act in order to resolve customer issues quickly
- Deliver a Quarterly Services Review with the support and involvement of the Account Team
- Engage Product Management on behalf of the customer to communicate security priorities and operational requirements as feature requests
Our technical support team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it evolves. As threats and technology change, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus on providing the best customer support in the industry.
- Experience in technical support and/or professional services within the high-tech industry
- Client facing sales or services experience
- Project Management or service delivery qualifications such as PMP, PRINCE2, ITIL
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work within a demanding environment, consistently delivering results
- Demonstrated ability to identify key customer stakeholders, engage and build relationships without direct supervision
- Ability to influence teams across the organization to achieve desired customer outcomes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; the ability to clearly articulate technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences and to explain the impact in business terms
- Knowledge of Networking
- Knowledge of CyberSecurity Network Security is preferred
- Knowledge of heterogeneous environments used by enterprise customers
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected].
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Salary disclosure required by sb19-085 for positions located in the state of Colorado: If hired in Colorado, this position starts at a salary of $87,100/yr. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary. Restricted stock units and bonus pay may also be offered as part of this compensation package, as well as benefits that include: flexible paid time off, employee stock purchase program, medical, dental, vision, 401K, life, and disability insurance. Additional information about benefits may be found here.