Senior Site Reliability Engineer (Prisma)
- Bangalore, India
- Department: Engineering
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
The next threat landscape has moved to the cloud, and we’re hiring the most innovative engineers to develop and maintain the products that will address the threat landscape’s evolving demands. As one of our Site Reliability Engineers, you will be responsible for the development efforts of our Cloud Application and Microservices Platform, including scalability, reliability, automation, uptime, and availability. Building and maintaining this critical infrastructure will enable our clients to respond to threats to their cloud environments. You’ll lead development efforts in each sprint, from planning to delivery, and will partner with other engineering teams to provide technical vision. You are passionate about resolving difficult technical challenges, and are driven to address the world's emerging cybersecurity threats.
With the recent acquisition of two leading companies in this space - RedLock, and Evident.io, Palo Alto Networks is the market leader in this space. This engineering group is part of our recent acquisition of RedLock and Evident.io
● This candidate will be part of a Global DevOps/ SRE team who will play a significant role in the definition and implementation of the AWS, Docker and Kubernetes platform strategy, HA/ DR, including architecture, design, roadmaps, and enabling various apps to adopt such technologies
● Working in a collaborative culture with Dev and App owners in an agile methodology, scrums
● Handling scrums to achieve the desired products objective by working with US counterparts and local Dev Teams
● Part of the job also includes resolving JIRA tickets in the areas of Cloud, CICD, deployments , monitoring etc.
● Willingness to challenge the status quo to bring new ideas and innovation to the team
● Responsible for on-going maintenance and support of internal tools, improving system health and reliability
● Document and provide cross-training to peers for projects and products worked on.
● OnCall rotations , but no shifts
● Ensure service uptimes to maintain the SLA driven uptime
- BE/Btech or equivalent technical degree
- 8 years of relevant experience in Devops / SRE
- Strong Solutions Architect experience with preferably AWS/ GCP certified.
- Strong experience with Kubernetes and Docker containers, strong knowledge of Helm charts
- Strong experience with CI/CD automation using GitLab.
- Significant experience with scripting using Python or other programming in areas DevOps / SRE areas.
- Understands API’s, microservices concepts.
- Experience containerizing existing applications in cloud.
- Strong understanding of Infrastructure As A Code ,Terraform, and how we exercise that in AWS cloud / GCP or any public cloud.
- Monitoring tools - splunk, Prometheus , Grafanna etc.
- Able to contribute beyond just coding / automations (code reviews, demos, proof of concept solutions)
- Strong Linux Systems skills or working on Linux servers.
- Detail-oriented personality who does not lose sight of the big picture
- Distributed database knowledge will be an added advantage.
- Understands Java based systems very well.
- Experience in Agile environments and working with JIRA
Our engineering team is provided with an unrivaled chance to create the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.