Senior Software Engineer - SD-WAN Platform Development
- Santa Clara, CA
- Department: Engineering
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
Palo Alto Networks's SD-Branch group is looking for a seasoned and accomplished engineering leader with experience in developing next generation SD-WAN platforms. You will be part of a world-class software engineering team that works on various ground-breaking technologies as part of SASE (Secure Access Service Edge) solution. You will work with a multi-functional team of engineers to design and develop next generation platforms and modules that span across WiFi, PoE, 4G LTE and 5G and others which are core foundation to SD Branch. Responsibilities will include customer requirement investigation and proof of concept, platform and module bringup, control plane and data plane integration, high availability and fault tolerance, integration with cloud based controller for platform and module management, performance and scale enhancement.
- Work in a small and fast paced team to solve important customer problems and deliver most impactful results
- Deliver high quality product to enable customer success
- Contribute in all phases of the product development cycle, from definition, design, through implementation, test and critical customer deployment support
- Proactively drive product improvement and innovation
- Innovate new product features based on customer feedback
- 6+ years experience with MS degree, 8+ years experience with BS degree developing platform/embedded system software
- Proven track record delivering complex networking product design and development involving multi-functional groups
- Extremely strong expertise on developing X86 based switching and/or routing embedded platform SW
- Hands on experience on diagnostic, CPLD, BIOS
- Working experience in control plane and data plane architecture and integration for networking products
- Extended knowledge of Linux internals and Linux kernel driver concepts
- Strong passion and experience in troubleshooting, debugging complex systems and possess excellent problem-solving techniques
- Excellent coding skill in C and at least one scripting language like python etc.,
- Strong with TCP/IP and knowledgeable with common standard IP protocols such as ARP, IP, ICMP, routing protocols
Our engineering team is at the core of SD-WAN branch access products – connected directly to the mission of providing world class SASE solution. We are constantly innovating and challenging ourself. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected].
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.