Systems Engineer Specialist Cortex
- Wan Chai, Hong Kong
- Department: Sales/Sales Operations
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: “Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.”
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We’re changing the nature of work. Palo Alto Networks is evolving to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
As a Palo Alto Networks Cortex Systems Engineering (SE) Specialist, you will be the expert for our Cortex Solutions portfolio, including Cortex XDR - Advanced Endpoint Protection, Investigations and Response, Analytics; XSOAR (Security Orchestration, Automation & Response) and Cortex Xpanse - Attack Surface Management. The Cortex SE works closely with Cortex Regional Sales Managers and Channel Business Managers, and the Core Palo Alto Networks team on Cortex Opportunities; understanding customers business and technical needs relating to cyber security and taking a solutioning approach to develop the best customer outcomes.
● The Cortex SE will provide technical support to their sales counterparts on engagements with customers on everything Cortex related. This includes technical presentations, understanding and mapping customer requirements to Cortex solutions, demonstrations, POC/POV and the like.
● The Cortex SE plays a key role in understanding customer needs in order to generate and deliver winning proposals, contract bids, statements of work, and RFI/RFP responses. The SE takes ownership of customer product evaluations and advanced 'proof of concept' testing, either at the customer site or Palo Alto Networks lab facilities
● As a cyber-security domain expert, the Cortex SE leads conversations about industry trends and emerging changes to the security landscape that every customer needs to be aware of and planning to take care of
● The Cortex SE also works closely with Cortex partners, in conjunction with Cortex Channel Business Manager, with a view to change the way partners sell - to shift from selling products and features to services outcomes. The SE has an instrumental role to up-skill Cortex focused partners and assist in developing Partner service, solution and MSSP solutions.
● The Cortex SE supports their peers in the local country and region, sharing knowledge, IP and possibly providing territory coverage within the region when additional resources are required
- Strong cyber-security domain knowledge (5 years+), preferably End-point Security, SOC Management or Operations experience or similar
● Experience understanding malware, exploits, operating system structure and behavior, and installing, configuring and integrating a complex Security solution
● Strong (3 years+) pre-sales skills, including strong communication & presentation skills, with the ability to discuss highly technical concepts to a variety of audiences, from IT technician to executive level technical decision-makers
● Strong English language skills, both oral and written.
● Strong Cantonese language skills, both oral and written.
● Ability to build/develop strong relationship with the main partners in the region at both technical and sales levels
● A Self-Starter, self-motivated and quick learner with the ability to embrace change - the Cortex portfolio is always evolving
● Adaptability - expansion of teams and structure and alignment will change and needs to be redefined on a quarterly basis.
● BSCS or equivalent
As part of our Systems Engineering team, you’ll support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineer team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected].
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.