Security Architect (New Initiatives)
- Santa Clara, CA
- Department: Engineering
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are seeking a strong Security Architect to join our New Initiative Security team to build the best security project in the industry. In this role you will be a critical member in our Product Security team and will be responsible for executing networking device security related projects and programs. You will be working very closely with the executive leadership, product, and engineering teams to assess our security, make recommendations, and suggest solutions. This is a fast-paced, post startup environment and part of your success will lie in your willingness to learn and drive change across the organization.
- Build best class security into Palo Alto Networks products and protect our customers globally
- Be a thought leader and subject matter expert on security architecture and technology in device security, global infrastructure, highly virtualized compute infrastructure (on premise data center) and Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Collaborate with engineering and technical leadership to establish standards, baselines, policies, controls, and architecture designs to align with industry frameworks and overall business strategy
- Conduct threat model, design and develop security architectures, and publish reference architectures network devices connected to cloud based systems and drive company wide adoptions
- Design, build and implement security capabilities and security services to protect product related enterprise and hosting environments
- Identify, assess and remediate security architecture gaps across Palo Alto Networks
- Develop and execute strategies from conceptual ideas, which increase the overall security posture of Palo Alto Networks
- Be able to hands on and lead POC with rigorous benchmarks on security technology innovations and adoptions
- Be a strong thought leader and clearly communicate and build support for your ideas
- Extensive experience in information security, security engineering or architecture roles
- In depth knowledge of device, firmware and hardware security, public cloud architecture, virtualization and containers
- In depth knowledge of threat model, network security, cryptography, authentication and authorization
- Expert level experience in secure device provisioning, management and supply chain security
- Expert level experience performing threat modeling and design reviews to assess security implications and requirements
- Expert level experience in defining and documenting security reference architectures and standards
- Demonstrated knowledge of complex identity and access management models
- Experience working with engineering groups, creating secure and scalable architectures, controls and policies
- Experience working with common compliance frameworks and security controls
- Experience with automation tools and methodologies associated with DevOps and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with enterprise architecture and partnering cross functionally
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives
- Experience with implementing common security frameworks and controls in highly automated environments, especially in CI/CD environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills. Ability to communicate and influence critical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with defined objectives
- Well organized and able to utilize the best methods and approach problems with a creative, can-do attitude
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education, and experience in information / cyber security, computer systems, IT, etc.
Our engineering team is at the core of our products and connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating — challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected].
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.