Content Marketing Manager - Cortex XSOAR
- Santa Clara, CA
- Department: Marketing
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
You will be a key player in the transformation of the enterprise security market and work closely with key partners across the company to fuel awareness and demand for our Security Operating Platform. Driven by your passion for the cybersecurity industry, you'll be responsible for leading the editorial direction, production, execution, and measurement of security content while working closely with our product marketing and demand generation teams. Often, you’ll be working in a highly technical environment, but with a need to translate that technical material into easily consumed, significant content.
- Develop, implement, and track the performance of an editorial strategy and roadmap for cybersecurity content circulating various products and strategies as it relates to Cortex XSOAR
- Write, edit, produce, publish, and promote industry-leading content including white papers, eBooks, listicles, infographics, and briefs
- Own the Internal communication and social amplification function for Cortex.
- Efficiently lead internal and external agencies, vendors, creative teams, and copywriters
- Establish goals and clearly defined metrics of success to measure the quality of content, audience growth, engagement, and content reach
- Work collaboratively with campaigns, communications, security research teams, and product marketing to create content that is reflective of our needs, our client’s needs, and the industry changes
- Understand and grow our earned, paid, shared, and owned cybersecurity content strategy
- Stay up to date on the emerging threats and needs within the cybersecurity landscape to make content strategy recommendations and changes
- You are a Passionate Storyteller – Experience working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to build powerful stories in multiple formats (written, video, blogs) that connect our industry solutions/products/personas to values and benefits
- Whitepaper and research savvy – Experience conducting research and interpreting data, and transforming those findings into intriguing, insightful reports
- Project management skills – Ability to manage a content calendar and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong writer and editor – Flexibility to write a newsworthy blog post, and copy edit content from contributors without content marketing backgrounds
- Social guru – Experience managing social media accounts and understand how to grow social following and drive engagement
- Campaign driven – Deep understanding of SEO, the marketing funnel/hourglass, and the customer journey process that support demand generation and installed based marketing
- Measurement wizard – Demonstrated know-how in using metrics (specifically SEO) to show marketing and content ROI
- Team player – Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic, high-growth, fast paced environment
You also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, journalism, or communications or equivalent related work experience
- ~5+ years validated content marketing experience and results, preferably in a technical B2B industry; cybersecurity or cloud software experience required
- Creatively generated unique solutions or ideas to fix complex problems
- Drive, ambition, and always looking for ways to improve current marketing efforts
- Successfully worked with a variety of team members across different functions of the organization
Travel Requirements: Long term, minimal travel may be required.
Our marketing team has an opportunity like no other in the industry: high impact impact work and the chance to change the future of digital security, globally. Your hands will be in industry-leading content created in the face of rapidly growing threats: cyberattacks. Being in marketing at Palo Alto Networks means that you will be in the midst of the changes impacting our industry, and helping our internal teams, customers, and partners address the ever-changing threats we all face on a day-to-day basis.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected].
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.