Senior UI Engineer (Prisma Cloud – Customer Engineering)
- Remote, OR 97458, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Engineering
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We’re changing the nature of work. Palo Alto Networks is evolving to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
The public cloud market has been growing at a rapid rate for the last few years and as more enterprises use public cloud, there is a critical need for creative engineers to help develop software to prevent cyberthreats within the cloud environment. In this role, you will develop solutions that help customers onboard and operationalize quickly, and ensure customers are maximizing their return on investment to achieve their business and security objectives.
You are responsible for designing and developing the console management software for the Palo Alto Networks next-generation security platform. You will take ownership of large software components, work with product management on user requirements, apply your knowledge to functional design, utilize your programming skills for efficient and robust implementation, and interact with quality assurance and field support teams in the software development cycle.
- Participate in the development life cycle activities (like design, coding, testing, debugging, and release of the feature)
- Work with Product, Engineering, QA, and DevOps to ensure accurate product delivery
- Analyze problems and design & implement effective solutions
- Ability to work in a dynamic, highly energized team that delivers feature-rich applications
- Apply data-driven approach to collect and analyze customer adoption data. Design and implement solutions to drive customer growth and increase customer retention
- Optimize and modernize Prisma Cloud’s customer experience as a top-notch cloud security SaaS application
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related technical field
- Should be able to traverse the full stack and understand a variety of libraries, platforms and multiple code modules
- Experience of progressive development experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience as a front-end developer
- Ability to build and integrate with APIs (REST, SOAP) including development
- Deep expertise in web markup including CSS3, HTML5
- Experience building fast and reusable, UI components under MVC or MVVM frameworks
- Strong troubleshooting complex application workflows and performance tuning skills
- Good understanding of best practices of building cross browser and device independent interfaces
- Excellent teamwork and coordination skills with ability to create clarity from ambiguity
- Experience with Nginx, Apache, Building PHP C-Modules is a strong plus
- Experience with modern build tools such as npm, Webpack, NodeJS, ReactJ
- Experience in Test-Driven Development (Jest, Mocha, Chair)
- Experience with Python and other Scripting languages is a plus
- Experience with SDKs, SSO, and integration with other systems is a plus
- Love to play with data data science knowledge is a plus
As the leader of the Public Cloud Security team, you will be responsible for building products that protect data, workloads, and infrastructure for some of the largest enterprise customers in the world. We help the customers in their transitional journey to the cloud by ensuring they have the best in class protection. The cloud market has been growing at a rapid rate for the last few years. As more and more enterprises use public cloud, there is an insatiable demand for securing workloads in the public cloud. With our recent acquisition of Prisma Public Cloud, formerly RedLock™ and Evident.io making Palo Alto Networks the reigning market leader.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected].
Salary disclosure required by sb19-085 for positions located in the state of Colorado: If hired in Colorado, this position starts at a salary of $116,400/yr. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary. Restricted stock units and bonus pay may also be offered as part of this compensation package, as well as benefits that include: flexible paid time off, employee stock purchase program, medical, dental, vision, 401K, life, and disability insurance. Additional information about benefits may be found here.