Cloud Escalation Engineer
- Amsterdam–Duivendrecht, Netherlands
- Department: Global Customer Support
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We’re changing the nature of work. Palo Alto Networks is evolving to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
Palo Alto Networks Cloud Security Products are the latest in our security platform that bring the power and scale of our products to our customers, and industry. It’s a groundbreaking change in the way the industry views cybersecurity as it relates to our cloud environments, one that is necessary in our mission to protect our way of life in the digital age. To support these products, we have a fast- growing team called our Engineering Technical Assistance Center (ETAC) that is empowered by our Customer Reliability Engineers (CRE). This team utilizes the experience of senior network and security engineers to build the environment where our customers and employees thrive.
In this Cloud Escalation Engineer role, you will act as a liaison between our Development Operations teams, as well as our support teams to assist in escalations. While this role is similar to a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you will provide more opportunities to tackle critical end user experience concerns, while improving reliability and serviceability of the product, without revenue creation distractions. We are approaching customer service in an entirely new fashion, and we are looking for talented, motivated, dedicated individuals to help us define what the future of customer support should be.
- Enablement of the TAC teams - assist with ad hoc QA but this also includes some structured training throughout the year
- Utilize tracking of issue resolution (post-mortem) and work with this data to provide feedback for product improvement (supportability)
- Training TAC on the developed tools and processes. This is an ongoing deliverable
- Develop tools for TAC – For better visibility, troubleshooting and to reduce load on Engineering or DevOps
- Filling in the gaps. Sometimes there are opportunities to “catch” a problem before it escalated. ETAC is positioned to identify or help in these unplanned projects that result in a better customer experience, or a cost reduction or better security
- Development mindset experience delivering Enterprise Software Services
- Experience in engineering troubleshooting roles in fields like Support, QA, Dev, SRE and IT for an Enterprise-sized product delivery
- Working in an Enterprise Environment developing SaaS/Applications
- Experience working in an Agile Software Development environment
- Knowledge/Understanding in scripting and automation to deliver SRE-type tools
- Engineering troubleshooting roles in fields like Support, QA, Dev, SRE and IT.
- Familiarity with REST APIs and latest OpenSource technologies
- Good communicator (written and verbal)
- Familiarity with troubleshooting issues on common Linux Distros
- Experience with cloud services like AWS or GCP
- Working knowledge and understanding of databases like SQL, MongoDB, Redis.
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes, Cloud-based platforms, Open Source-related software tools
- Highly organized. With many people doing many things in a fast-paced company, strong organizational skills both for yourself and for the team is needed for success
Our technical support team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it just evolves. Our technical team provides the behind-the-scenes support to meet our customer’s needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry. We’re a fast-growing, immensely successful organization because of our people and products (built and supported by our people). We work the frontlines against cyberthreats and attacks, protecting everyday transactions in the digital environment. It means we’re good at scaling quickly to new threats, get fulfillment from resolving new problems, and think about things just plain differently.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected].