Finance Business Manager, Sales Finance & Analytics
- Santa Clara, CA, USA
- Department: Accounting & Finance
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
Palo Alto Networks is looking for an experienced finance professional to join its Central GTM Finance & Strategy team as a Finance Business Manager, Sales Finance & Analytics. We’re looking for a self-starter with strong analytical skills, an effective communicator, and a leader passionate for driving change in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
Your Impact: How You’ll Contribute in Protecting Our Way of Life in the Digital Age
Lead strategic analytics that enables business decisions on our go-to-market strategy, long term planning, and execution planning.
Build analytics on our recurring businesses including renewal rate, churn rate, LTV, ARR, etc. Enable business decision making.
Improve operational excellence through identification and execution of initiatives that create efficiency, automate solutions, streamline processes and approaches. This includes identifying ways in which tools can be built and deployed to improve workflows to drive automation, efficiency and increased accuracy.
Identify, scope, and drive critical projects and initiatives for -- partnering with -- cross-functional teams, including working with data engineers to build data pipeline and warehouse infrastructure to ensure all parties are able to use data with ease and accuracy.
Build cross-functional relationships and lead through influence to help solve complex interdisciplinary problems on behalf of the business.
Your Experience: What You’ll Bring to Our Team
- BA/BS in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Business or related field); advanced degree/MBA preferred
- 5-7 years, at-minimum, of prior finance experience. Prior roles in Sales Finance/Analytics, strategy consulting, or investment banking/private equity, a plus
- Excellent analytical and financial modeling skills. Power Excel user who is comfortable with large data sets
- Effective presentation skills with the ability to communicate complex topics in a distilled manner with strong focus on using analytics to communicate and highlight business insights
- Experience with and/or willingness to master various financial systems, including SAP, BPC, Tableau, Anaplan, and other BI tools.
- Strong team player, and independent thinker, with high intellectual and emotional intelligence
- Deadline-driven, organized, and able to multi-task with the willingness to adapt to the rapid business and organizational demands that result from a high-growth environment
- Ability to manage competing priorities with strong focus on delivering high quality results
You have a passion for numbers, our organization has a passion for cybersecurity. You’re looking for a career with a more fulfilling mission. We have open positions to top talent seeking a financial challenge. Our finance department deals with numbers daily, supporting infrastructure, dealing in automation, and building elegant models to empower our business lines and solutions. The ideal candidate has exceptional skills in financial modeling and analytics and an innovative mindset to approach finance problems differently. Our innovation doesn’t stay in Research and Development. Within finance, we seek people who are looking to try new things, while solving business critical equations. If you’re seeking a financial challenge but with a world-wide impact – this is it.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.