Senior SQA Engineer (Xpanse)
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Department: Engineering
At Palo Alto Networks everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we are looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Xpanse (the most recent addition to Palo Alto Networks' Cortex group) is expanding rapidly and we’re looking for a customer-centric Senior Quality Engineer to join one of our feature delivery teams.
Xpanse helps protect some of the world’s most important organizations by finding risks on the Internet that no one else can find. Our feature teams are responsible for building the user-facing security products that allow customers to turn trillions of Internet data points into critical cybersecurity insights.
In this role, you will be the embedded quality lead in a team of engineers working to enable our customers to engage with their data through our APIs and UI. We believe that quality is a shared responsibility between feature team developers and quality engineers, and it is your responsibility to collaborate with them towards shipping high quality production code and achieving sufficient coverage in test automation.
- Represent the customer and advocate all relevant quality dimensions throughout a product life cycle.
- Build long term and strong relationships with Product, Design, and Engineering.
- Be an independent quality data point for all teams involved in product development, from planning to product development to post-sales support.
- Analyze product requirements, customize quality strategies, and convert those into test plans and test matrices.
- Balance long term goals with short term realities; compromise when appropriate while advocating for long term incremental product improvement
- Adapt to constantly and rapidly changing product requirements and priorities.
- Synchronously work on / communicate across constantly shifting priorities, in an interrupt driven and fast moving work environment.
- Identify UI/UX/workflow edge cases within and across features and usability gaps/inconsistencies in feature designs and mocks
- Assist in troubleshooting/debugging product defects found during development and after production deployments
- Communicate precisely, concisely, clearly under challenging schedules and constraints.
- Help the team improve their scrum agile development process and increase their confidence that when work is done at the end of a sprint it is truly done.
- Prior quality engineering experience
- Prior experience with end user facing web applications
- We release our software at least once per sprint, and operate in a scrum model
- You have experience supporting engineers in an Agile development process, and are familiar / comfortable with operating in a scrum model
- You have extensive experience with bug tracking / collaboration tools (Jira, Asana, etc)
- An interest in looking beyond the UI / under the hood of a web application. Some level of technical depth achieved in one (or more) of the following: web debugging, scripting languages, web testing frameworks, REST APIs, log analysis tools, internet protocols, protocol debugging tools, test automation tools, CI pipelines, containers/orchestration, or cloud computing. We can teach you most of these in the role, but we’ll be asking you to show us what sort of depth you’ve been able to pick up in your previous roles.
- BS/MS/CS career-level of experience in the Networking Security industry, or equivalent experience.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.