VP Product Design - Cortex
- Santa Clara, CA, USA
- Department: Product Management
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
As VP of Product Design for Cortex, your goal is a seamless customer experience, where all Palo Alto Networks Cortex products are intuitive and easy to use from start to finish.
- Define and own the customer experience journey and vision for Cortex products and other customer touchpoints.
- Champion a culture of customer advocacy in initial product design, development, and support.
- Partner with product teams to consistently deliver a simple—yet compelling—look and feel for our products.
- Implement innovative practices in areas like usability testing, competitive analysis, user research (current and future), and customer feedback.
- Share your expertise and discoveries (see bullet above!) to uncover product opportunities and inform product planning and roadmaps.
- Grow and motivate a team of dedicated UX designers and engineers.
10+ years of working on UX projects from concept to release sounds about right for the seasoning this role requires, along with a track record of leading efficient, impactful teams. While these are the experiences that we think will contribute to success in this role, if you see yourself in only some of these, or have experience that is equivalent to (but not exactly) what we’ve laid out here, we would still love to hear from you!
- Enterprise software products are where you’ve cut your teeth—work with SaaS applications and in high-growth environments is particularly interesting.
- You have a foundation in end-to-end product design principles and methods, like user journey mapping, wireframing, and prototyping.
- You’ve worked on large-scale projects that require you to anticipate and strategize for future growth. You’ve initiated collaboration and sought stakeholder buy-in to define and execute requirements. And you’ve brought the right people into the fold, transparently setting expectations along the way.
- You’ve scaled robust design systems, anticipating what’s needed as they are increasingly adopted.
- You’re experienced with research techniques that include analytics, machine learning, and data visualization.
- You lead with a clear focus and empathy: With your team, you’re a player-coach. With cross-functional teams, you build shared goals. With executive leadership, you communicate openly and you thoughtfully speak up for the customer journey.
- You elevate your team’s work output—you mentor and motivate other designers to do their best work, encouraging them to solve problems boldly and creatively.
- A degree in Engineering, Design, Statistics or another data science-related profession, Economics, Marketing or any other related field. Equivalent professional experience is also welcome.
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about creating products to solve problems no one has tackled before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
Our engineering team is provided with an unrivaled opportunity to build the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.