Technical Writer (Cortex XDR)
- Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
- Department: Product Management
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
As a technical writer at Palo Alto Networks, you will help our customers deploy and use Cortex XDR, the industry's first extended detection and response platform that runs on integrated endpoint, network and cloud data to reduce noise and focus on real threats. As customers deploy new security features, you’ll play a key role in documenting how customers can best adopt and use them in their security operations centers. By developing high-quality content, you will ensure their success in using our services, help our customers safely protect their endpoints, and respond to threats across their organization.
We are looking for a writer who is passionate about how our users experience documentation, curious about how the product works, and determined to develop the workflows and best practices that enable users to successfully deploy our technologies. This effort will directly help our users fully utilize the platform to protect their enterprise resources and generate fewer calls to our support organization.
Learn more information about the Cortex XDR product.
- Facility with technology—You’re curious, not afraid to be hands-on with the products, and are familiar with public and hybrid cloud deployments and infrastructures so that you can empathize with the challenges our customers face.
- Know the craft—You like writing more than you like doing anything else and you believe that delivering high quality documentation is the cornerstone of customer success. You have an innate ability to think like and write for administrators, and can articulate not only how something works, but also when and why to use a particular configuration/setting. You can also follow an established writing style guide and work with your editors to provide consistent and cohesive content, and the best possible documentation for our customers.
- Innovation—You are creative, and love to experiment with new ways to present information in a way that enables a positive user experience with our products.
- Organization—You can take large amounts of technical details and organize them into topics that users can easily find and use to solve their security problems.
- Initiative—You’re not afraid to propose changes and have a proactive and open-minded attitude to resolving problems and delivering results.
- Interpersonal skills—You are able to work with developers, QA, PMs, customers, SEs, and support to successfully gather information required to understand the problems our users are facing and the ways our products help to solve them. You think and work independently, but operate as part of a team.
- Adaptable—You can prioritize, adjust to changes midstream, and succeed in an ambiguous environment with competing demand.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum 3 years of proven technical writing experience with topic-based writing and delivering content to enable a rich and engaging learning experience for users. For example, you have created in-app help, onboarding tutorials, use case examples, and best practices guides, that enable customer success. Experience writing micro copy and content for blogs is a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to ask the right questions.
- Knowledge of cloud security or SOC platforms-Plus
- Ability to see the big picture and proven track record of writing concepts and tasks from scratch.
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently and as part of a team, Work under pressure, and maintain focus while keeping a sense of humor.
- Ability to learn new technologies in a short time to find out not only how something works, but also when and why to use a configuration/setting.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a dynamic environment with distributed team members.
- Proficient with DITA and XML authoring. Experience with Adobe AEM is highly desirable.
- Video tutorial creation (Camtasia), and/or proficiency developing illustrations (Adobe Illustrator or Google Slides) is desirable.
- Experience with source control tools (Git and Perforce), bug tracking/collaboration tools (GitHub/Jira/Confluence), and build tools (Jenkins).
Our engineering team is at the core of our products and connected directly to the mission of preventing cyber attacks. We are constantly innovating — challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before. We define the industry instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected] .
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.