Legal Operations Manager
- Santa Clara, CA, USA
- Department: Legal
At Palo Alto Networks everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These are not easy goals to accomplish – but we are not here for easy. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we are looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
This position is responsible for supporting a high performing legal team, in support of the
operational function and strategy of the legal department. This position will be responsible for the financial, operational, and technical functions of the legal department including management of key department processes, including the core contracting function, development and execution of technology and document management strategies, prudent management of internal resources and external counsel, and the strategic development and implementation of key performance metrics.
- Design and manage processes to positively impact the Legal team’s productivity and effectiveness (including contracts, finances, knowledge management, eDiscovery, and litigation support).
- Maintain high-level familiarity with other system/business application capabilities in order to make recommendations about potential upstream/downstream integration or functionality intersection points with Salesforce.
- Drive the development of monthly and quarterly business metrics, provide operational analysis through reports and dashboards and implement changes to improve performance.
- Manage all vendor relationships with Legal service and technology solutions providers.
- Develop and manage billing and legal billing guidelines.
- Lead and manage key Legal Department initiatives and projects, including contract management, document management, knowledge management and other areas.
- Develop and maintain an internal Legal intranet page and content.
- Train the Legal team and the broader organization on legal processes and procedures (e.g. new hire onboarding training, new software or process rollout).
- Develop, implement and enhance a comprehensive departmental strategic communications plan (e.g., newsletters, announcements, and messages from department leadership).
- Keep current on latest legal operations industry trends and developments and identify opportunities to implement best practices.
- 7+ years of relevant, broad-based legal operations experience working in an in-house legal department (ideally at a SaaS or other technology company)
- Strong project planning and management experience with a proven track record of consistently successfully completing projects on-time and on-budget, and achieving the desired result
- Demonstrated strength in analytical problem-solving—analyzing complex tasks, synthesizing information, developing options, including comprehensive plans inclusive of alternatives, and presenting data and recommendations
- Experience implementing and developing Legal technology solutions and technical awareness to identify need, search for, and adapt to new technology solutions as needed
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, utilizing effective organizational skills to prioritize and manage deadlines for multiple simultaneous projects for multiple stakeholders
- Team-player with the ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional role
- Experience with (G-Suite, Slack, SFDC, Apttus, Simple Legal, ServiceNow, Ipfolio, a plus)
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.