Sr. Program Manager
- Santa Clara, CA, USA
- Department: Sales/Sales Operations
At Palo Alto Networks everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we are looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish — but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
This role is responsible for the Program Management Office Standards & Tools development and deployment for Palo Alto Networks Global Strategy & Operations Organization. This person will manage program office standard initiatives; tool selection, deployment, and operationalization for Palo Alto Networks Worldwide PMO. This includes providing a support and consultative role to the regional and global Program/Project Managers. This role is critical to the ongoing development and continuous improvement, training, and enablement of the Program Management Office to ensure the successful business development of associated sales and operational activities being addressed by the PMO.
- Develop other continuous improvement efforts within the organization, as required.
- Establish Best Practices and Standards for the PMO, including developing consistent and well-documented processes, templates, training, and mentoring on best practices/ standards.
- Provide tool support to the team of regional program/project managers worldwide, including interaction auditing and coaching, process improvement and adherence, and training.
- Develop and apply analytics that identifies areas of improvement opportunities; create programs and processes that help close identified program/project management gaps.
- Manage stakeholder feedback; develop processes and analysis to incorporate input where appropriate.
- Develop and manage project “Audit” (post-mortem) process for real-time feedback to the PMO for process/project improvement.
- Must be comfortable leading informally across the organization to challenge the status quo and developing better ways to support the Global PMO Team and stakeholders.
- Strategically guide the PMO standards and tools process/procedures to meet changing business requirements, as needed.
- Develop, communicate, and manage the PMO standards and tools initiative development objectives.
- Analyze metrics to identify opportunities for improvement with respect to the PMO performance, program objectives, etc.
- PMP or PgMP Required.
- 10+ years’ experience in program management/operations in a worldwide corporate environment.
- Strong aptitude in coordinating programs across multiple departments to deliver on-time measurable results.
- Strong strategic thinking, business analysis, problem-solving, team leadership, collaboration, presentation, and communications skills.
- Knowledge and experience with common business applications and tools, such as Salesforce.com, Learning Management Systems, G-Suite, Smartsheets, etc.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills in English required.
- Demonstrated program discipline, attention to detail, and timely execution of deliverables.
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced growth environment.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business or MIS, or equivalent experience.
Personal Attributes/Interpersonal Skills:
- Trusted Advisor: provides advice across multiple areas of expertise and builds broader capability.
- Challenges the existing method and constantly innovates.
- Able to easily work well with individuals at all levels.
- Builds organizational relationships and fosters open communication.
- Excels at cross-functional collaboration.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing demands based upon the needs of the business.
- Able to work independently, establish priorities, and demonstrate good judgment skills.
- Able to multi-task and perform well under pressure.
- Smart, analytical, creative, efficient, driven, and tenacious.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]