SASE Technical Solutions Architect
- Reston, VA, us
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Global Customer Support
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
We are seeking engineers that are excited to be part of this fast moving and innovative team, and who desire being on the cutting edge of cybersecurity technology. Prisma Access is a secure access service edge that helps organizations embrace cloud and mobility by providing network and network security services from the cloud. It provides consistent security services and fast access to all types of cloud applications (including public cloud, private cloud and SaaS) delivered through a common framework.
In this role within the Product Support team in Global Customer Support (GCS), you’ll be responsible for driving technical enablement through product supportability and useability on the Prisma Access platform. As the SASE Technical Solutions Architect, you’ll work closely with the Engineering, QA, Product Management and GCS teams to integrate a supportability approach into the product lifecycle (PLC). You will be the GCS technical voice of Support and the Customer into other teams within the company. This role requires the technical acumen to evangelize the positive impact of supportability and useability on products, gain understanding of support issues to drive change, and identify debug efficiency opportunities through tools and product built in diagnostics capabilities.
*This role will require relocation to Santa Clara, CA.
- As GCS technical lead, integrate into PLC with Product Management and Engineering teams to provide supportability and debugging requirements for all new features and enhancements to the Prisma Access platform
- Lead technical aspects in development of base level GCS Supportability and Useability Strategy
- Identify opportunities and create prototype tools for support efficiencies with built-in tools, diagnostics, telemetry
- Drive resolution of key supportability issues with Engineering and Product Management
- Drive process and product improvements based on outputs from lesson learned
- Define knowledge requirements for product features and function, and collaborate with Technical Enablement team to create training plans, technical documentation, and other job aids for the GCS organization
- Lead others to solve complex problems, and identify innovative solutions using an analytical methodology
- B.S./M.S. degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Minimum 7-10 years experience working in a Technical Support, SRE/DevOps, or Supportability Engineering related role
- Strong experience working with CI/CD and Agile software development methodologies
- Strong background in technical support and project management
- Knowledge of networking, firewalling, SD-WAN, and cybersecurity concepts
- Previous experience with the Prisma Access platform is highly desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in creating technical documentation, network diagrams, and technical project requirements
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.