Federal Systems Engineer - DoD
- Remote, VA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Sales/Sales Operations
At Palo Alto Networks everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we are looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Palo Alto Networks Pre-Sales Systems Engineer, you are a meaningful member of the technical sales team, identifying complex security challenges in your customers’ networks and clouds then driving solutions with Palo Alto Networks’ market-leading security products and services.
You are the technical sales representative of the company and must ensure full customer satisfaction with all that you do. You and your sales partner are responsible for the customer relationship and your goal is to help them detect confirmed advanced cyber attacks and breaches while safely enabling applications by deploying the full Palo Alto Networks platform so that they can confidently pursue network, cloud, and mobile technology initiatives.
- Effectively lead conversations about our security platform and solutions
- Create and deliver compelling demonstrations of our products and solutions that clearly differentiates us from competitors or legacy security solutions
- Educate customers and partners on the modern network and cloud security landscape
- Identify and qualify new opportunities, and support technical pre-sales activities to opportunity closure
- Dedicate and expand our install base within existing accounts
- Maintain key partner technical relationships and effectively enable and use channel partners
- Create evaluation test plans with customers that highlight the strengths of our platform and clearly differentiate from competitors, and lead the evaluation process to a successful conclusion
- Gather customer technical requirements and identify product and technology gaps
- Understand and effectively differentiate from competitive technologies and solutions
- Understand and assist customers through the support escalation process, helping manage support escalations with the customer to closure, if necessary
- Continuous self-improvement and learning to maintain current technical knowledge, and actively share knowledge and technical experience with the broader team
- Actively participates in technical communities of interest and focus on certain technologies
- Effectively adapts Palo Alto Networks value proposition and vision for network security based on customer requirements
- Proficient in identifying problems in customer environments and leading conversations in Palo Alto Networks solutions
- Maintains good relationships with customers at the field and technical management levels, and effectively engage at senior technical and management levels
- Consistently meet all expectations in customer-facing engagement, and in writing, presentation, and creative problem-solving skills
- Consistently take responsibility for own actions; self-motivated and dedicated in all engagements; consistently exhibits a positive attitude
- Work well with the immediate team and channel partners and can coordinate productive engagement with the product, marketing, and other members of the extended team; A consummate teammate
- Be willing to travel up to 70%+ to serve the customer
- US DOD Security Clearance
- BSCS or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience as an SE or Systems Integrator
- Experience and established success as a System Engineer, or demonstrable equivalent industry experience
- Experience selling network infrastructure based security appliances including, but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches
- Experience working with routing and switching products that will be installed adjacent to our appliances
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, often under duress
- Mature and effective organizational and time-management skills
- Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration, and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP, L4 Load-balancing)
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and/or troubleshooting network infrastructure security products
- Knowledge of, modern datacenter and cloud infrastructure and technology
- Experience with, modern network threats and malware
- Experience with, or knowledge of, network forensics and incident response
- Experience with, or knowledge of, automation and orchestration tools and technologies
- Experience with, or knowledge of leading Cloud Environments (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Palo Alto Networks certification – PCSNE, PSE, ACE, etc. is preferred
- Industry certifications – SANS, CISSP, CCIE, etc. is preferred
Palo Alto Networks has brought technology to the market that is reshaping the cybersecurity threat and protection landscape. Our ability to protect digital transactions is limited only by our ability to establish relationships with our potential customers and help them understand how our products can protect their environments. This is where our Systems Engineer (SE) teams come in. Our SE team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations to keep their digital information safe. Our passionate systems engineering teams educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients.
As part of our SE team, you help support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineer team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyber threats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected].