Sr Manager - Pricing and Licensing
- Santa Clara, CA, USA
- Department: Information Security
Palo Alto Networks is looking for an experienced individual to drive success of its Pricing & Licensing organization as the Sr. Manager, Pricing & Licensing. You are a self-starter, strategic thinker, great communicator, and enjoys collaborating with people with a diverse set of talents in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
Reporting to VP of Pricing & Licensing, Sr. Manager is primarily responsible for directing and executing the end-to-end pricing & licensing strategy across Palo Alto Networks operating units, including development of new and innovative pricing models, setting price levels, constructing licensing structures, and creating price promotions/packaging. In this role, you will continuously assess pricing and licensing needs of the operating units, define new opportunities for pricing improvement, and conduct customer segmentation, competitive analysis, develop financial models, and help to define overall go-to-market strategies. You will play a key role in shaping the future direction and growth of Palo Alto Networks pricing & licensing organization. You'll be an experienced pricing and licensing professional focused on strategy and execution.
- Lead the pricing and licensing activities across Palo Alto Networks operating units, working collaboratively to develop and implement Pricing strategies across Product, Finance and GTM (Go to Market) teams
- Interact with the senior leadership and product teams to determine licensing strategy, priorities, and to provide regular visibility of progress
- Coordinate cross functional teams to align priorities with revenue goals
- Develop new and improve on existing pricing strategy development processes, frameworks, and approaches
- Conduct pricing analyses to inform pricing strategy for new, renew and upsell/cross-sell offerings
- Conduct and commission end-user pricing studies, including competitive market positioning and price elasticity analyses
- Develop global pricing, as well as any localized or vertical pricing approaches, such as multi-currency
- Maximize revenue by establishing margin goals for the field, developing expansion GTM motions, within strategic parameters, and improving end-user and partner discounting over time
- Support deal desk in carrying out deal profitability analyses and optimizing deal structures
- Work cross-functionally to manage the licensing process, reducing complexity and ensuring customer satisfaction
- Support negotiation of the large licensing transactions
- Provide mentorship and guidance to Pricing Analysts
- Bachelor’s in business administration, Finance, Economics, or equivalent (e.g., CPA, MBA) strongly preferred
- 5 + years of experience in designing and implementing pricing and licensing strategies for B2B software companies
- 2 + years of people management experience
- History of presenting recommendations and getting buy-in from senior executives
- Experience and understanding of patent and portfolio valuation
- Exceptional presentation skills, concise and fluent in communication
- Ability to distill complexity via a methodical and structured approach
- Approximately 15- 25% domestic/international travel may be required
Are you looking for a career with a more fulfilling mission? We have open positions to top talent seeking a challenge. Being part of the Finance department, Pricing and Licensing function performs deep analyses to understand the business and inform the strategic direction of the company. The ideal candidate has exceptional skills in financial modeling, pricing analytics and an innovative mindset to approach problems differently. Our innovation doesn’t stay in Research and Development. Within Pricing and Licensing, we seek people who are looking to try new things, while solving business critical equations. If you’re seeking a challenge with a worldwide impact – this is it.
your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.