Sr. Director, Business Development, GSIs
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Business Development
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Additionally, Palo Alto Networks is pioneering a new work model - FLEXWORK - that provides its more-than-8000 employees with flexible opportunities for work, learning, and benefits. Learn more here about who we are and how we are leading the next wave of change in cybersecurity and in the tech ecosystem.
The Sr. Director of Business Development, GSIs is responsible for all aspects of Palo Alto Networks' alliance with key Global System Integrators (GSI) such as CapGemini, Infosys or HCL including incubation and enablement. We are seeking someone who is driven and excited for the opportunity to build and lead some of the key relationships for our company. You will lead a matrixed team to successfully strategize and execute the goals and sales targets for the business. This is a highly leveraged role that utilizes all parts of Palo Alto Networks and many functions of the partner.
You will work closely and collaboratively with the GSI team and key Palo Alto Networks teams to drive the creation of joint offers. You will work with sales and channel teams to develop GTM plans including bookings and pipeline goals as well as executing the plans.
There are many different opportunities across the business to engage with our GSIs. It will require a focus and a differentiated approach to build a comprehensive go-to-market strategy that supports the performance expectations of the relationship. We are looking for someone who possesses a deep understanding of how to successfully develop partnerships and a leadership capacity to accomplish goals in a complex environment. We need someone who will continually evaluate the market and look for new routes of business for our solutions, working to a three-year plan, delivered in phases.
Ideally, you are someone who possesses a track record of success working with global GSIs.
- Build out a global PANW business for Global System Integrators. Work with strategic partners to jointly formulate the strategy, offer creation and business plan that encompasses offer rollout, GTM, marketing and delivery.
- Responsible for leading the creation of joint offers that are aligned with key client challenges and significant markets for both Palo Alto Networks and GSIs such as Wipro or Infosys or HCL
- Create and drive the portfolio sales strategy and overall GTM, with a focus on growing net new business.
- Understand investments needed from products, marketing and enablement to drive these investments from inception through execution.
- Be accountable for the execution of the strategy/ plan and deliver on metrics such as bookings, pipeline and training/ capacity.
- Work with direct and channel sales to manage sales efforts typically focused around the sale of transformational solutions and shaping sophisticated/complex deals
- Manage interfaces with PANW Services teams, Field Sales, Business Development, Legal, Marketing, and other internal organizations.
- BA or BS (technical undergrad degree), MBA preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience in Sales / GTM .
- Experience in offer creation, product marketing, technical sales, sales engineering, business development or alliance management roles in enterprise IT technology vendors or system integrators.
- Experience directly working for a GSI and the ability to understand the business from the GSI perspective.
- Prior experience building large-scale businesses with GSIs.
- Proven ability to recognize, analyze, and act on go to market approaches, marketing programs, joint value propositions, and business cases around strategic partnerships.
- Cross-functional influence, relationship building, and project management skills toward a broad constituency ranging from customers, channel partners, sales, marketing, and technical management.
- Proven experience successfully working within a highly matrixed environment.
- Industry knowledge of security product market trends and directional awareness of Palo Alto Networks’ technology development efforts.
- Great team player with drive. Willing to take a lead in driving initiatives, working across organizations, and structuring approaches to new opportunities.
- 20-50% Travel (post-Covid).
- Great communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- Experience working with technology partnership programs is a plus
- Experience working with SIs such as CapGemini, Infosys, HCL, Atos etc.
- Experience with the Cybersecurity ecosystem in cloud and security operations is an additional plus.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge the status quo of cybersecurity. We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, please visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]