Senior Staff Escalation Engineer (SASE)
- Bangalore, India
- Department: Engineering
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
This is a highly visible, senior level position on a small but growing team that will benefit from out of box thinking and technical insight. The ideal Senior Staff escalation engineer has a mix and background of customer management and broad and deep technical skills related to telecommunication equipment and Internet traffic. This Engineering Escalation role is positioned to intercept and assist or drive technical escalations that come to the executive level in engineering. Escalations of this type are extremely critical and are driven by the account teams in the field. In this role you will talk with executive levels at customers, delivering among other things, discussion about the situation, explaining the root cause or progress toward it, providing status internally and addressing technical questions during customer interactions. A background in troubleshooting or designing modern networks, a good understanding of the behaviors of Internet applications and protocols and strong command of English are the starting points to being successful in this role.
- BE /B.tech or equivalent technical graduation is mandatory
- 10+ years experience in support service, technical support or similar troubleshooting related role
- Technical lead in area of expertise related to cyberspace equipment vendor or network security organisation
Required Technical skills:
- Configuring and troubleshooting dynamic routing protocols (BGP and OSPF primarily)
- L1-L3 (ISO model) troubleshooting
- Broad understanding of and ability to analyze and troubleshoot Internet applications and protocols
- Troubleshooting VPNs (IPSec and SSL tunnels)
- Pcap analysis (via Wireshark and other tools)
- Hardware troubleshooting for telecommunications equipment
- C, C++ and python programming languages(Good to have)
- Able to explain complex technical issues to non-technical people
- Able to have open discussions on network design, network security and related technical topics
- Advanced certification for network equipment vendors (e.g. JNCIE, JNCP, CCIE, CCNA, CCNP, CCA etc)
- Cloud deployment for AWS, GCP, Azure or KVM based solutions)
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.