Senior Technical Support Engineer - Platinum Support
- Madrid, Spain
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Global Customer Support
At Palo Alto Networks everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we are looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Platinum Support Engineer, you will work firsthand with our valued Platinum customers to address their complex post-sales concerns where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of many factors. You’re a critical thinker in understanding the methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. You’ll enjoy networking with key contacts outside your own area of expertise, with a strong capability of detailing difficult technical issues to both non-technical and technical professionals.
The type of Customer purchasing our Platinum Service is those who manage critical infrastructures and do require guaranteed response times as well as enhanced services for their mission-critical systems. Platinum is the first step towards offering a truly differentiated level of support starting with our high profile and largest customers.
- Provide post-sales technical support, configurations, troubleshooting, and standard methodologies to customers via phone, e-mail, and web
- Meet enhanced response SLA’s for customers who purchase our Platinum Support Offering
- Handle support cases to ensure issues are recorded, tracked, resolved, and follow-ups finished in a timely manner
- Use fault isolation and root cause analysis skills to diagnose and tackle complicated technical issues
- Work to reproduce customer issues and qualify critical issues
- Work directly with ETAC and Engineering to get customer issues resolved
- Have a thorough understanding of software release and bug cycles
- Conduct multi-vendor troubleshooting
- Has visibility across the entire organization and Executive Leadership
- Publish Technical Support Bulletins and other user documentation in the Knowledge Base
- Build a positive customer experience by working closely with Development, Sales, Quality Assurance, and Marketing
- Responsible for reviewing user documentation for training materials, technical marketing collateral, manuals, problem-solving guides, etc.
- Provide on-call support on an as-needed basis
- Travel may be required to customer sites in the event of a critical situation
- This position is or the 9am-6p shift
- Required experience with TCP IP
- Ability to independently to debug broad, complex, and unparalleled networks with mixed media and protocols required
- In-depth experience in routing and switching (OSPF, BGP, VLAN, STP)
- Experience with security (IPSEC, SSL-VPN, NAT, GRE)
- Prior experience in similar vendor Technical Support Centers
- Experience with Authentication Protocols a plus (Radius / TACACS)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Cisco, Checkpoint, Juniper (NetScreen), Fortinet products a plus
Our technical support team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it evolves. As threats and technology change, we stay in step to accomplish our mission.
You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.