Regional Sales Manager, Expanse
- Department: Sales/Sales Operations
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a member of the Cortex Sales team, you will be responsible for growing the Expanse business within your assigned territory. You will be one of the founding members of a newly formed team that takes our technology to market and drives adoption. We’re looking for experienced sales professionals with cybersecurity domain expertise who want to make an impact in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
Working together with a Systems Engineer and other team members, you will be responsible for identifying and acquiring new clients in our growing territories. You are the Expanse point-of-contact for major accounts and charged with driving significant growth. You are motivated by a desire to solve complex and difficult challenges that face our clients. You develop trusted relationships at the C-level, focusing on the strategic nature of the partnership. This means that you have a concrete understanding of our product suites, and are able to help identify areas that can be resolved by the Cortex solution.
In addition to leveraging core sales teams, you will identify and establish relationships with channel partners as well as training them on our solutions. Additionally, your credibility will guide your customers in their search to transition to a more secure online environment. You feel empowered by our product offerings and love a technical challenge.
What You’ll Do
- Identify, create, and implement a comprehensive account strategy to develop new business and drive expansion growth with Fortune 1000 customers across your territory
- Scope, negotiate, and close enterprise contracts to exceed all bookings and revenue targets
- Establish access and create positive business relationships with key executives and senior-level decision makers (typically CISO, CSO, and CIO level)
- Apply your knowledge of the cybersecurity industry, market landscape, technology, product, and processes to educate prospective and current customers on the business value of Expanse’s offering and services
- Collaborate cross-functionally with key internal stakeholders (Field Sales, Marketing, Sales Operations, Product Management, Engineering, Pre/Post Sales, and Finance) to drive product adoption in target accounts
- Develop relationships with select partners in your region to leverage their account presence and drive new growth and further penetration of Expanse’s solutions in the market
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date account intelligence in SFDC, including regular forecasting of business opportunities to Sales and executive leadership
- Track record exceeding your sales quota as a Major / Large Account Manager, Regional Sales Manager / Enterprise seller focused on F1000 accounts in high growth companies.
- At least 7 years of experience selling Enterprise Security solutions: SOC security-based products (such as Malware/Exploit Prevention, Anti-Virus, White Listing, SIEM, and other techniques) or SAS, Behavior Analytic or Logging tools; preferably Subscription or SaaS solutions as a direct contributor. Solutions related to Security Operations / SIEM / SOAR or adjacent solutions focused on Data / ML and automation preferred.
- Deep understanding of channel partners and a channel centric go to market approach.
- Knowledgeable in Complex Solution Sales methodology and proven ability to sell complex enterprise software solutions to large and sophisticated enterprises (F500, G2K, etc.) at 6-figure transaction sizes and greater.
- In-depth knowledge of how specific industries might leverage security solutions and able to succinctly translate complex technical benefits to solve high leverage business problems; you can effectively articulate and present well in front of technical and executive-level stakeholders.
- You have a demonstrated passion for this space and you are excited about the prospect of scaling a new, emerging technology and accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment.
Our sales team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations around the world to keep their digital environments protected. We educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients in their journey to security.
As part of our sales team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, constantly updated research and sales libraries, and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our sales team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected].
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.