Backend Engineer (Prisma Cloud Compute)
- Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
- Department: Engineering
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure
than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re
not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the
foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and
we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future
of cybersecurity as we are.
We are looking for a number of top-tier, Backend software engineers to
join the team. We mostly work with Linux containers and Serverless
workloads. The span of tasks is broad and can vary from web
application development to kernel module hacking. Potential candidates
must have the skills and know-how necessary to master any new
technology and become productive in a short time frame. The common
thread running through all tasks is that we work with cutting-edge
technologies bound to become the next standards in the security
- Own (design, implement, and test) important feature areas in the Prisma product. There are no ownership areas. You will touch everything from client-side code to Linux kernel
- Work in close coordination with the PM and QA teams
- Deal with real customer issues
- Research new technologies and see how they can be adapted to the product
- Backend/ Full-Stack Engineer with at least 3 years of experience.
- Computer science or an equivalent degree
- A strong passion for software development
Our team is in charge of deep cloud security within PANW.
We have three principles we believe in:
- Quality - no code enters our codebase without a unittest and no feature is added without an integration test. All tests run (and must pass) on every pull request. No code enters the codebase without a code review.
- Simplicity - we create a design for every significant feature and we make sure the solution is simple and clear. If it is not, we invest more work to make it simple.
- We don’t have code that we are afraid to refactor - any code can be refactored if needed. Once identified we change, test, and ship.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge
cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission
without diverse teams innovating,
Together we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations
for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or
accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate
diversity in our workplace and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color,
family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic
information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical
or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally
For more information about our product, you can find here.