Systems Engineer, Cortex
- Tokyo, Japan
- Department: Systems Engineering
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As part of our Systems Engineering team, you’ll support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineering team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
As a Systems Engineer, you will be the expert for our Prevention, Incident and Response solution also known as Cortex. You are the “go-to” person for customers with complex technical requirements and will provide specialist support to our wider presales engineering team.
You will play a key role in growing the Cortex business by listening to customers, understanding their business objectives, and translating those requirements into technical solutions. You will also advocate on behalf of our customers by recommending solution enhancements or new features to our Product Management teams.
- Help to increase adoption of the Cortex solution by supporting your assigned sales specialists and presales engineers
- Lead and support customer demonstrations and proof of concepts that showcase our unique value proposition
- Lead conversations about industry trends and emerging changes to the security landscape
- Support our marketing teams and channel partners with their activities to help generate demand and drive adoption at scale
- Provide feedback to Product Management and R&D regarding new product features and enhancements
- Provide design consultation and guidance across all stages of the pre-sales process for strategic opportunities
- Work with the other members of the team on internal projects to improve our sales process
- Provide advanced training for internal and external SEs in your territory
- Hands-on technical experience with Endpoint Security or SIEM/SOAR solutions or Cyber Security Analyst tools
- Solid understanding of the Security Operations Center, how they operate and their challenges
- Advanced knowledge of Incident and Response, Alert Analysis, Malware Analysis, Network Traffic Analysis
- Advanced knowledge of Threat, APT Tactics, Techniques and Procedures. Knowledge of the MITRE Att&ck Framework
- General knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, and operating systems such as Unix/Linux/ MacOS, and Window
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.