Senior Corporate Counsel, Commercial
- Santa Clara, CA, USA
- Department: Legal
At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish — but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
This position within the Privacy Team will provide legal support to Crypsis, Palo Alto Networks’ newly acquired incident response, risk management, and digital forensic service. This team helps and protects our clients by defending against and responding to severe cybersecurity threats.
This role will cover the legal needs of the Crypsis team, including transactions, privacy, compliance, and regulatory, by establishing and managing scalable legal support for a fast-paced and fast-growing business. This position works closely with the business team, and with other stakeholders across the company.
- Provide comprehensive legal support to the Crypsis team, including contract transactions, data protection and security agreements, policies, analysis of conflicts and privilege, intellectual property implications, and subject matter areas impacting the cybersecurity industry.
- Manage resources to ensure around the clock coverage for the global business and efficient responses in the event of active breaches, in accordance with levels of priority established with the business owners.
- Collaborate for the integration of the Crypsis business into Palo Alto Networks.
- Develop and continuously improve tools, templates, training, and resources, including playbooks, standard form agreements, policies, and legal processes, to enable quick execution of urgent transactions, while ensuring consistency and scale of activities.
- Draft, review and negotiate commercial contracts for Palo Alto Networks’ Crypsis services, based on the company’s policies and risk tolerance.
- Draft, review and negotiate data protection, information security and other agreements, as necessary.
- Respond promptly and effectively to legal requests from Crypsis business leaders, sales, and other internal clients.
- Facilitate the coordination and collaboration between the Crypsis business and other teams across Palo Alto Networks, such as information security, compliance, finance, and the rest of the legal team.
- Proactively monitor legal and regulatory requirements as they may apply to the business and coordinate as needed with outside counsel to address requirements.
- Advise on recommended courses of action and legal risks.
- Handle special projects as requested.
- Must be admitted to the bar in at least one U.S. state, and have a law degree from a reputable law school.
- 6-8 years of commercial transaction legal experience in a technology company.
- Strongly prefer a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience with cyber-security.
- Extensive experience working in a constructive and professional manner with sales personnel and management.
- Experience drafting and negotiating data processing and information security agreements and working with subject matter experts in these areas is a plus.
- Ability to work efficiently with cross-functional teams and manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- Ability to manage and influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Superior language, written and verbal communication skills required.
We are a Legal Team who is unrelenting in our pursuit of achievement, we are constantly seeking improvements and can take on every challenge. We value a positive attitude and high empathy. We adjust according to the situation, learn new things, innovate, and try new methods. We value collaboration, function as a team and know that our colleague’s experience and knowledge are valuable. We demonstrate the highest level of adherence to not only what is legal but also what is right. We apply our legal knowledge to real-world scenarios, have a desire to explore the unknown and question the status quo in pursuit of better, more effective solutions.
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.