Senior Revenue Close Analyst
- Plano, TX
- Department: Accounting & Finance
At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish — but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Become a member of the Revenue Accounting team at Palo Alto Networks! We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Revenue Close Analyst who is excited to join a high growth Company. The ideal candidate must possess strong critical thinking and communication skills. This person will perform revenue close accounting activities while working with key stakeholders, lead projects, develop new processes and improve on the month-end close process. The position requires a hands-on person who is flexible, solutions-oriented and works well under pressure.
- Own monthly revenue close procedures, including preparation of revenue and deferred revenue related journal entries, reconciliations and close presentations
- Perform revenue and deferred revenue analytics and trends to provide visibility into relationships and drive revenue optimization initiatives
- Partner with cross-functional business partners and third parties to implement best practices, automation, and continuous process improvements
- Drive post-acquisition integration related to revenue processes of acquired companies
- Support revenue related system implementations and perform user acceptance testing
- Manage projects, action items, and creation of procedural documentation and training materials
- Perform and prepare quarterly standalone selling price analyses
- Ensure compliance with SOX 404 key controls
- Assist with external audit requests and special projects and ad hoc requests as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred
- 4+ years of progressive relevant experience required and 2+ years of public accounting experience with relevant revenue experience (ASC 606)
- Familiarity with close processes, account reconciliations, and journal entry preparation
- Critical thinker with a risk-based approach mindset and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to build relationships across multiple functions and implement new processes
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities and execute with accuracy and efficiency
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills required
- Proficiency in Google Suite a plus
- Experience with financial systems, SAP ERP ECC & RAR, BI, Blackline, Tableau, and SFDC a plus
- Experience with high technology clients in the Hardware, Software and/or SaaS space a plus
You have a passion for numbers, our organization has a passion for cybersecurity. You’re looking for a career with a more fulfilling mission. We have open positions to top talent seeking a financial challenge. Our accounting department deals with numbers daily, supporting infrastructure, dealing in automation, building solutions and providing accurate, insightful financial information to empower our business lines. The ideal candidate has exceptional skills in accounting and analytics and an innovative mindset to approach finance problems differently. Our innovation doesn’t stay in Research and Development. Within finance and accounting, we seek people who are looking to try new things, while solving business critical equations. If you’re seeking a financial challenge but with a world-wide impact – this is it.
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected].
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.