Senior Accounting Manager
- Bangalore, India
- Department: Accounting & Finance
At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish — but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is looking for a highly motivated senior financial professional who is interested to play a key role in the development of India accounting function. This position will report to the APAC Controller and is a great opportunity for a talented individual who has the desire to join a fast-growing company in a truly international environment.
This position calls for someone who possesses leadership capabilities, solid operational and technical accounting background and works proactively to drive results. This person is a self-starter, flexible, has a high level of integrity and is action and goal-oriented in a fast-paced, team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Manage the monthly financial close process for India entities, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliations and report preparation
- Interacts at all levels and with budget owners or other stakeholders to produce timely, efficient and accurate month-end close and all internal management and financial reporting
- Prepare detailed journal entries and account analyses
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies, procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes in India
- Coordinate the services provided by third party accounting service providers located in India and overseas.
- Participate in strategic projects including new leases and office constructions
- Ensure compliance with internal control policies and statutory requirements
- Implement additional SOX controls while India operation is expanding
- Make recommendations for changes as needed and ensure that company policies and procedures are followed and establishes the proper techniques to discover and prevent fraud
- Analyze the effect of statutory accounting practices and studies regulations and guidance to ensure correct application of GAAPs
- Collaborate with external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance
- Assist with compilation of information for preparation of tax returns
- Work with Tax, Treasury and other functions to ensure overall coordination of all financial accounting activities in India
- CA or CPA qualified with Bachelor degree in finance/accounting
- Over 12 years relevant experience in an international reporting environment
CA or CPA qualified with Bachelor degree in finance/accounting
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast moving and demanding environment
- Strong communication skills with fluent English (both written and verbal)
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop high-performing internal and outsourced teams
- Ability to build effective working relationships with both finance and non-finance colleagues
- Good knowledge and experiences with an ERP system, preferably SAP
- Well versed with MS Office applications, particularly Excel