Senior Product Designer
- Santa Clara, CA
- Department: Engineering
At Palo Alto Networks everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we are looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
You will join our cloud security services user experience team and contribute to Palo Alto Network’s leadership in the areas of IoT, SaaS security and Data Loss Prevention. As remote working becomes the trend for future, cloud based security services aim to protect companies and their employees regardless of their locations. Put your passion and skill towards a meaningful purpose to keep everyone safe.
As a senior product designer, you will:
• lead design projects and drive end to end product design (interaction and visual)
• collaborate with cross functional team, including product managers, engineering, QA, and content writers to translate business requirements into use cases, flows, wireframes and high fidelity design mockups
• lead rapid user testing and/or design walkthroughs and iterate on design concepts based on feedback
• contribute to design system building, maintain the UX standards and high quality of our products
• push the limits and consistently try for better solutions
• mentor other designers through critiques and design sharing
As a seasoned designer, you:
• understand deeply user-centered design methodologies, advocate user experience and empathize with the users and their needs
• have a great aesthetic sense and pay attention to the details
• bring multiple stakeholders to the table to understand and solve problems
• build simple and elegant solutions to complicated problems
• have a growth mindset and willingness to fail and learn
• thrive in a fast paced environment
• possess humility and maturity; welcome candid feedback and can constructively give it as well
• own a design portfolio showcasing your excellent design work. Past successful projects for enterprise product is a plus
• create deliverables with industry standard design tools, e.g. Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Principle, etc.
• earned a degree in design, human computer interaction or related fields
• worked as a product designer for at least 3 years
We are the global cybersecurity leader, known for always challenging the security status quo. Our mission is to protect our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. This has given us the privilege of safely enabling tens of thousands of organizations and their customers. Our pioneering Security Operating Platform emboldens their digital transformation with continuous innovation that seizes the latest breakthroughs in security, automation, and analytics. By delivering a true platform and empowering a growing ecosystem of change-makers like us, we provide highly effective and innovative cybersecurity across clouds, networks, and mobile devices.
Our Security Operating Platform is built for automation. It is easy to operate, with capabilities that work together, so customers can prevent successful cyberattacks. They can use analytics to automate routine tasks, so they can focus on what matters. We are known for continuously delivering innovations; and with Application Framework, we extend that to an open ecosystem of developers that benefit from our customers’ existing investment in data, sensors, and enforcement points.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected].
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.