Senior Program Manager (NPI)
- Santa Clara, CA, USA
- Department: Product Management
At Palo Alto Networks everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It is not a small goal. It is not simple either, but we are not in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we are looking for innovators with a dedication to the best.
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
Palo Alto Networks continues to build an elite product management organization and is looking for a Senior Program Manager to join our New Product Introductions team. This role requires a strong leader who will be responsible for collaborating across the Organization. Do you live and breathe customer experience?
We are looking for a person with a unique blend of business, technical and product management skill sets. You understand various go to market strategies and for each one, how solutions shall be quoted, ordered, fulfilled and serviced. You will collaborate cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, IT, Sales, Sales Operations, Marketing, Channels, Legal, Revenue, Tax, Trade Compliance, and Operations teams to lead a roadmap of programs to take new products and services to market. You will be responsible for planning and estimating program deliveries and accountable for driving teams to deliver against an aggressive portfolio of projects. To succeed, you also need to technically be able to understand how our products and services are provisioned, licensed, entitled, operated, and decommissioned.
In addition to your own creativity, you will rely on interaction with cross-functional business partners to drive completion of requirements that conform to established standards. You will lead cross-functional teams that don't report to you to define and deliver systems and processes to quote, order, fulfill, deliver, support, and renew Palo Alto Networks products and services.
- Meet with Product Owners in assigned portfolio regularly and maintain a roadmap of programs to support the plan.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, and completion of projects.
- Coordinate and Run the NPI meetings on a regular basis to ensure cross-functional teams are aligned with the set of programs and priorities and informed of planned schedules for new or enhanced offerings.
- Hold cross-functional team members accountable for deliverables and deadlines needed to support planned launch dates
- Oversee the work of Operations Analysts assigned to your respective programs
- Define new ways of working that improve collaboration and efficiency to enable the teams to deliver more
- Ensure all program artifacts (BRDs, Design Docs, Test Plans, etc.) are completed and approved in a timely manner.
- Program manage – schedule plans, timelines, stakeholders and drive trade-off conversation
- Work closely and communicate effectively with Sales, Customer Service, Finance, Channels, Legal, Tax, Trade Compliance, Revenue, IT and Operations on project status
- Provide schedule commits and program updates to product leadership
- Effectively track and lead multiple NPI projects of various sizes
- Resolve issues surrounding conflicting resources and timelines among competing projects
- Provide weekly status reports on NPI projects
- Develop deep relationships with cross-functional teams
- Participate in Planning and Own the NPI Roadmap for a product line
- Collaborate with other business functions to ensure resource needs to deliver against the roadmap are planned accordingly
- Ability to understand complex business problems and interpret business and technical requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple simultaneous complex programs.
- Ability to set priorities and recommend trade-offs to keep teams focused.
- Strong desire to take ownership of the NPI portfolio
- Drive to identify unique and improved ways to meet the project needs
- Domain expertise in network security service offerings is a plus
- Previous work with channel partners including service providers and value-added resellers is a plus
- Minimum 8 years in program management or equivalent
- Be a deeply critical thinker able to distill complicated topics into clear and concise communications
- Engage in direct conversations and negotiations with Product Leadership
- Be able to present and defend opinions internally to executive leadership
- Have a hands-on style and approach to working – Experience in using Jira is helpful
- Experience coaching and mentoring team members and direct reports
- Be able to organize and lead teams who do not directly report to you
- Experience launching both SaaS and traditional products and services
- Experience working with cross-functional business teams to launch new services or products
- BS/MS in a technical field or equivalent in experience OR strong operations background
- MBA is desirable
- PMP or Agile certification
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks and the products and services that proactively address them. Our Product Management Team helps us do just that.
Our organization and employees are committed to changing as rapidly as our industry’s threats do, and to do that, we need creative product teams to address emerging cyber threats. They provide the behind-the-scenes support for our products by being a source of information on our products for our systems engineers, staying on top of the environment we sell in, and helping to implement product wide technical solutions based on our client’s feedback and needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay ahead to accomplish our mission.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected].
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.