Systems Engineer, Network Security
- Tokyo, Japan
- Department: Systems Engineering
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
You will work with your sales partner to establish relationships with customers with the goal of helping them detect and prevent advanced cyber attacks and breaches by advising them on what applications to deploy from the Palo Alto Networks platform. Our systems engineers have a deep technical understanding of cybersecurity products, integrations, and critical cyber threats facing our potential customer’s environments.
As a Systems Engineer, you will work with our sales teams, providing training and technical support. You’ll build trust with our clients and teams, establishing yourself as a trusted advisor, and building an environment where our clients feel (and are) secure. Additionally, you'll be called upon to offer feedback to our Product Management team on new feature requests and product improvements.
- Help customers to secure their remote workforce by leveraging the value of our software-defined networking (SDWAN) solutions
- Partner with cross-functional teams including Sales, Marketing, and Product to bring the benefits of our technology to more customers
- Assist the core and specialist sales teams with the delivery of proof of concepts (POC), demonstrations and workshops
- Help customers to understand the benefits of our solutions by connecting the dots between business and technology
- Provide feedback to Product teams to ensure that our solutions are fit for purpose and addressing the local needs of the Japan market
- Help to drive the adoption of our technology at scale by identifying and developing new routes to market.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- Extensive experience in a specialist pre-sales engineering, system design, or solution architect type role
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals such as WAN, tunnelling, authentication, virtualization, and networking security or similar.
- Knowledge of the cybersecurity industry in Japan
- Experience with software-defined networking (SD-WAN)
- Comfortable selling to and building relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the business
- Ability to partner with cross-functional teams such as sales, marketing, and product
- Comfortable presenting to non-technical audiences and translating business objectives into technical solutions.
As part of our Systems Engineering team, you’ll support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineering team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.