Chief Inclusion & Diversity Officer
- Santa Clara, CA, USA
- Department: People Team
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
At Palo Alto Networks, our culture is the magic that makes us who we are and lets us work together in a way that allows every employee to feel a sense of connection and belonging, do their best work, and contribute towards our important mission. Inclusion is at the heart of our company’s values and a long standing tenant of our culture. We’re looking for a Chief Inclusion & Diversity Officer to build upon this foundation and help us achieve our goal of becoming a top company for inclusion & diversity across the tech industry and leader in cyber security.
In this role, you will serve as a key member of the People leadership team reporting directly into the Chief People Officer. You will direct the company’s strategic and programmatic efforts in I&D and partner across the organization to help the company grow and scale with an I&D mindset and a culture of inclusion.
We’re looking for situational leaders willing to think differently about how we approach inclusion and diversity, break industry stereotypes and assumptions, and have the courage to address this problem in a revolutionary way. It’s a long-term journey that won’t happen overnight, however deliberate focus and continuous progress will lead us towards our desired future.
Inclusion and diversity must be integrated into everything we do, a mindset with which we operate, a capability we build, a performance metric we goal, and success we measure and reward. This is not a consultant role, rather we want to hire someone who will roll up their sleeves and dive into making PANW the Silicon Valley shining light of inclusion, who will work with gusto and passion.
● Lead and continue to build an exceptional I&D team by hiring, enabling, and developing high impact team members who are innovative thinkers, creative problem solvers, action-oriented, and passionate about making a difference
● Develop our global I&D strategy to lead our industry in diversity and foster the kind of inclusive workplace that attracts and retains the very best people and teams
● Work across the people team and broader company leadership team to develop and deliver on key initiatives that build diverse teams with the very best talent, and make them so happy they never want to leave
● Measure and report on the impact of the strategy to generate insights and ensure effectiveness of I&D efforts and identify opportunities to accelerate progress further
● Leverage research and data-driven industry practices to advance diversity and inclusion, while taking calculated risks and experimenting to forge new and innovative approaches.
● Collaborate across People teams to build fair and equitable people practices across the entire talent lifecycle and build inclusion capabilities in every leader, manager and team member.
● Drive the content to tell our story internally and externally, working with our Communications partners and Marketing on our I&D global brand strategy and messaging
● Consult with executives, leaders and key partners across the organization to offer thought leadership and practical problem solving needed to advance our I&D goals
● Identify and act as the key liaison with internal and external diversity partners, organizations, and events aligned with our I&D strategy
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 10+ years of direct experience with Diversity and Inclusion programs or related talent management program experience
● Excellent consulting, collaboration, organizational, and change management skills
● Extensive experience leading complex projects related to Diversity and Inclusion in a technical industry
● Experience working as a consultative advisor with senior partners in a high-touch environment
● Ability to thrive in an environment of ambiguity, change, and rapid pace
● Strong attention to detail with the ability to flex from the strategic level to detailed operational excellence
Our People team at Palo Alto Networks works throughout the organization to enable...you guessed it, people. Every team within the organization has a huge impact on our mission statement. We’re one team – driven to one mission statement. Each piece matters, and within the people team, you are focused on enabling our teams to resolve the world’s most aggressive cybersecurity risks. Our People team is centered on building, attracting, recruiting, and retaining the most passionate and committed talent to our organization, fulfilling that mission. We focus on building strong teams, centered on respect and enablement, empowering our employees to seek their career goals. You will be part of a growing, passionate, and dynamic team with an opportunity to work on challenging and exciting projects – centered on what we believe is one of the most significant mission statements in the world.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our
dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our L ife at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversityw ebsite.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.