Manager, Customer Reliability Engineer (Cortex Data Lake)
- Santa Clara, CA, USA
- Department: Global Customer Support
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks Cloud Security Products are the latest in our security platform that brings the power and scale of our products to our customers and industry. It’s a groundbreaking change in the way the industry views cybersecurity as it relates to our cloud environments, one that is necessary for our mission to protect our way of life in the digital age. To support these products, we have a fast-growing team called our Engineering Technical Assistance Center (ETAC) that is empowered by our Customer Reliability Engineers (CRE).
In this Manager, Customer Reliability Engineering role, you will act as a liaison between our Development Operations teams, as well as our support teams to assist in escalations. While this role is similar to a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you will manage a team that provides more opportunities to tackle critical end-user experience concerns, while improving reliability and serviceability of the product, without revenue creation distractions. We are approaching customer service in an entirely new fashion, and we are looking for talented, motivated, dedicated individuals to help us define what the future of customer support should be.
This is a hands-on people management role.
- Manage a Customer Reliability Engineering (CRE) team working with our customers, internal support and engineering teams to help build and deliver our Cloud-based/Big Data SaaS products.
- Manage and appropriately escalate delivery impediments to our customers - including, risks, issues, and changes associated to the product development initiatives
- Own, deliver, and manage solutions supporting internal stakeholders for Cloud services, CI/CD, DevSecOps and product delivery automation
- Develop communication programs to connect the team with the rest of the engineering and product organizations
- Represent Global Technical Support at industry events
- Define and deliver a scalable software and service automation framework in partnership with other engineering leaders
- Recruit and retain the technical talent required to deliver services
- Be an escalation point for the support team for problems found by customers
- Manage a team that will triage problems to directly resolve or involve the correct resource supporting Development and our Technical Engineering Support teams.
- Communicate status of the systems via automation (customers) and targeted messages for our Technical Support teams.
- Utilize tracking of issue resolution (post-mortem) and work with this data to provide feedback for product improvement (supportability).
- Training support teams on the developed tools and processes. This is an ongoing deliverable.
- Innovate potential solutions experienced by our end users
- Development mindset experience delivering Enterprise Software Services
- Management experience in engineering troubleshooting roles in fields like Support, QA, Dev, SRE and IT for an Enterprise-sized product delivery
- Working in an Enterprise Environment developing SaaS/Applications
- Management experience working in an Agile Software Development environment
- Knowledge/Understanding in scripting and automation to deliver SRE-type tools
- Engineering troubleshooting roles in fields like Support, QA, Dev, SRE and IT.
- Familiarity with REST APIs and latest OpenSource technologies
- Good communicator (written and verbal)
- Familiarity with troubleshooting issues on common Linux Distros
- Experience with cloud services like AWS or GCP
- Working knowledge and understanding of databases like SQL, MongoDB, Redis.
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes, Cloud-based platforms, Open Source-related software tools
- Highly organized. With many people doing many things in a fast-paced company, strong organizational skills both for yourself and for the team is needed for success
Our engineering team is at the core of our products and connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating — challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.