Global Account Manager - Seattle
- Seattle, WA, USA
- Department: Sales/Sales Operations
At Palo Alto Networks everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we are looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Global Account Managers serve as the connection between Palo Alto Networks and our global, enterprise clients’ regional decision-makers and constituents. As part of a virtual global team including Global Client Leads, systems engineers, and sales specialists, GAMs play a critical role in understanding our clients’ needs and identifying the right solutions.
Deliver against the three revenue buckets within the compensation plan.
- Effectively manage your B side accounts as part of a global community driven by the corresponding Global Client Leads (GCL) to deliver Local product revenue to retire and exceed the corresponding bucket in your compensation plan.
- Coordinate and collaborate within the account global communities you are assigned to to drive impact and contribution to help retire and exceed the Global Product bucket in your compensation plan.
- Participate where appropriate within the global speedboat business strategy as well as drive local specific speedboat initiatives that retire and exceed the corresponding speedboat bucket.
- Ensure a balanced business that achieves success in all three buckets.
- Be aware and drive accountability and results to the quarterly accountability but also raise the gaze and develop and deliver long term strategic business.
- If required, detail a strategy that over delivers one bucket over the others that meets the needs of the customers business and enables the team to meet their high level $ quota.
Build and execute an engagement plan that maximizes the impact of your nominated B side accounts as an integrated component of the broader GCL plan.
- Be an active participant of a community of sellers within PANW focused on your account(s). Own local initiatives that enhance and contribute to the overall global strategy.
- Develop jointly with the global virtual team strategies and engagements that leverages the coordination of the cross theater teams as a force multiplier to accelerate progress and results in your account(s).
- Participate and contribute to the communications and collaboration rhythm and ensure you operate consistently and faithfully to the global strategy with your customers in your geography.
Be an ambassador of the Global Program.
- Be knowledgeable and inclusive of the Globals program and able to explain it both internally and externally.
- Live the values and practices we are trying to instill in the way we do business.
- Provide real time insight and feedback. Be active in helping evolve the program and Go To Market.
- Drive the collection of key data points on the impact of the program. What worked and what did not. Regularly deliver the insight in a constructive manner.
- Drive a differentiated approach to your customer. Aspire to and deliver an experience to your customer that up levels their previous experiences.
Embrace the Speedboat teams and be the orchestrator of local engagements and strategies for your customer(s) as well as part of collaborative global speedboat engagement.
- Identify and include all available Speedboat resources assigned to your account(s).
- Ensure you have been instrumental in building and executing cross, up or initial sell strategies that differentiate PANW in the eyes of the customer and opens up new revenue and business opportunities.
- Build value propositions unique to your customer(s) that demonstrate paths and impact of transforming the network, cloud and SOC.
- Leverage the services and Insight teams to effectively build out executive level communications and sponsorship.
- Personify being a ‘Student of the Game’. Develop good cross speedboat knowledge and the ability to identify opportunities within your account(s) and bring in the SME Speedboat team appropriately.
- Be conversant of the multiple speedboat value propositions and positive business outcomes.
- Help develop and execute the broader global speedboat plan in collaboration with the appropriate GCL’s and their extended teams.
Drive BOLD customer propositions with effective Executive Engagement.
- Working as part of the broader global team on your accounts and with all assets within PANW, help develop executive level compelling proposals that positions PANW as not only the cyber security partner of choice but also as the partner that unlocks innovation potential in a safe and secure manner.
- Wisely and effectively look for opportunities to build key C level executive engagements for the PANW leadership team to help deliver, drive and close groundbreaking proposals in partnership with your GCL’s.
Participate in the development and maintenance of a meaningful and impactful Global Strategic Business Plan (GSBP).
- Jointly develop with your GCL’s a meaningful business/account plan that captures all of the above and more into a cohesive, executive level planning document.
- Contribute to regular team sessions to update, build upon and develop the plan to reflect progress and customer developments.
- Leverage and potentially share your plan with your local customer sponsor. Actively look for opportunities to include direct feedback and input from your customer(s) to ensure relevance.
Maintain Operational and Tools Hygiene.
- Maintain accurate, thorough and updated business records across all tools utilized by PANW.
- Ensure Salesforce opportunities are updated on a weekly basis with relevant and insightful project and deal status.
- Capture future pipeline activity in Salesforce multiple quarters into the future and beyond current fiscal years.
- Drive correlation between key strategies in the GSBP with opportunities captured in Salesforce.
- Within the quarter, progress opportunities from pipeline to best case and into commit. Record accurate close dates and capture in the notes the close plan to hit that date.
- Maintain Clari on a weekly basis and be able to show direct correlation between your pledge and high with your committed and best case deals.
- 10+ years minimum selling high tech hardware/software solutions preferably in the security and/or networking area
- 5+ years experience in a Global Account Management or equivalent role
- BS Technical or Business Degree
- Proven track record of overachievement of revenue goals
- Comfortable working in a matrix, team environment
- Represent ability to build C-level and other meaningful relationships within large organizations
- Very strong organizational skills with "Whatever it takes" attitude
- Strong business acumen with trust and integrity represented at all times
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally
Our sales team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations around the world to keep their digital environments protected. We educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients in their journey to security.
As part of our sales team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, constantly updated research and sales libraries, and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our sales team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.