Manager, Focused Services (SAM)
- Santa Clara, CA, USA
- Department: Global Customer Support
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
Palo Alto Networks is looking for an experienced Manager, Focused Services. The role is responsible for leading our Service Account Managers (SAM), ensuring they have the support and tools to perform their job tasks at a high level, and helping each SAM to grow within the role. The SAM Manager will assist as an issue escalation point for the SAMs, act as a communication channel into the business, and manage business change.
- Interview, hire, train and mentor a team of technical account managers
- Maintain strong sense of cohesiveness within your team, focusing on employee morale and employee development initiatives for internal retention
- Set team goals in-line with overall organizational goals. Also set specific goals for direct reports and provide regular feedback on performance
- Provide leadership, guidance and support for technical account related issues
- Provide effective advice and counsel on strategic communications issues and exercise effective judgment
- Improve processes for efficiency, organization, and customer satisfaction purposes
- Collaborate closely with various internal partners (including engineering, account management, product management, IT, and manufacturing) to resolve issues and grow the business
- BA/BS in computer science or equivalent (MBA a plus)
- 10+ years experience in client facing technical support and/or professional services within the high tech industry preferred
- 2-5 years of people management experience
- Superior project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage escalations of complex problems, prioritize a demanding workload, delegate appropriately, and deliver results under pressure
- Proven leadership skills including: effective oral and written communication, performance management, issue/conflict resolution, negotiation, motivating others, forecasting and planning
- Public speaking skills
- Willingness and ability to travel (occasionally at short notice)
Specialized Knowledge and Skills (Preferred):
- Technical experience in the Network Security Industry
- Experience as a network administrator (or equivalent) in an NT or Unix environment
- Knowledge of Network Security (Routers, Switches, firewalls, VPN routers - Checkpoint, Juniper (Netscreen), Fortinet, Cisco)
- Background in networking, LAN, and WAN technologies
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]