Senior Staff Software Engineer (SD Branch Controller)
- Santa Clara, CA
- Department: Engineering
At Palo Alto Networks everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we are looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks's SD Branch group is looking for a seasoned and accomplished engineer with experience in developing cloud distributed applications to fill a core technical development position. You will be part of a world-class software engineering team that works on various ground-breaking technologies as part of SASE (Secure Access Service Edge) solution. You will work with a multi-functional team of engineers to design and develop systems for solving challenging problems in SD Branch area. Responsibilities will include developing cloud based controller SW for SD Branch day0/1/2 management,
- Work in a small and fast paced team to solve important customer problems and deliver most impactful results
- Deliver high quality product to enable customer success
- Contribute in all phases of the product development cycle, from definition, design, through implementation, test and critical customer deployment support
- Proactively identify product features for improvement and innovation
- Innovate new product features based on customer feedback
- Developing distributed applications that use messaging infrastructures and experience working with them is a plus.
- 6+ years of experience with a BS or 4+ years of experience with a MS degree, developing large scale distributed applications using service-oriented architectures.
- Strong experience in developing Java and/or Python based micro services using REST APIs.
- Good understanding of data processing pipeline designs – including ingestion, ETL, queries, query optimizations, large scale storage is a plus.
- Experience developing applications with a DB, especially MongoDB with appropriate drivers and abstraction layers.
- Experience with building and running containerized applications in distributed environments like Kubernetes is a plus.
- Strong passion and experience in troubleshooting, debugging complex systems and possess excellent problem-solving techniques.
- Familiar with TCP/IP and knowledgeable with common standard IP protocols such as ARP, IP, ICMP, TCP, UDP, etc.
We’re not your ordinary Information Security team. We’re a diverse group of security professionals that accepts challenging the status quo in order to protect Palo Alto Networks and our customers.
Driving innovation on the Information Security team of the fastest-growing high-tech cybersecurity company is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined by the brightest minds in technology, and our global teams are on the front line of defense against cyberattacks.
This role is located in Santa Clara, California.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.