- Havenstraat 18, Schiedam, Zuid-Holland, Nederland
PALFINGER MARINE, part of the PALFINGER GROUP, is the global leading manufacturer of highly reliable, innovative, and customised lifesaving equipment, deck equipment, and handling solutions for the maritime industries. At our PALFINGER MARINE Service location in Schiedam, we are looking for a Service Engineer:
TALENTED, AMBITIOUS AND READY FOR A NEW CHALLENGE? We are currently looking for a Service Engineer to work at the office in Schiedam, The Netherlands. This position will be reporting to the Manager Service.
YOUR TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Job preparation: verifies that parts are available and other requirements are met.
- You will assess technical situation on location, providing service, maintenance and repairs of lifeboats, davits and cranes onboard vessels, offshore oil & gas installations and offshore wind installations in accordance with Company Standards.
- You report to the service coordinator and the client on the activities carried out and you arrange the accurate administrative settlement.
- Travel at short notice, occasionally for longer periods
- Secondary technical (MBO level) – in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Broad technical background in the area of mechanics, electrical, hydraulic (drive technology) and control engineering (PLCs and frequency controllers);
- 5 years’ relevant work experience
- Experience in the maritime/offshore industry is preferred
- Excellent customer service skills, self-motivated, able to work independently
- English and Dutch spoken and in writing
- MS office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Good communication skills
- Moderate to heavy physical work and working at height
A very interesting and challenging full time job (40 hours a week), preferably starting as soon as possible
Chance to be part of the fast-growing PALFINGER MARINE family
Ongoing training opportunities
Appreciative involvement in a professional team, although room for self-initiative
Flexible working hours when applicable
Competitive compensation package (salary, insurance and pension)
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
For further information please contact Patricia de Jong HR Manager
Please do not make use of this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity